What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I think that last section through the structure will be insane. It's not like cedar point would want a flagship coaster end on a lull.

This reminds me of all the previous iron horse coasters combined into one.

Looks epic.

Snoo

The Legend
The one thing I will say to those who have their feelings about pacing subdued.. remember this is an animation. Animation doesn't always reflect reality.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Jesus Christ. That first announcement video (with the 3 outlaws) genuinely gave me goosebumps!
Looks simply incredible - Cedar Point definitely chose the right time to get their RMC. As others have said, it's pretty much got a bit of every other RMC so far and a bit more. The only thing it's missing is a quad down ;)
The animation didn't appear to show anything, but I'd like to think they'll add a bit of theming too?

Something I don't think we've considered yet; if they time it right and dispatch quickly enough, surely we get a head on collision between trains on the 73mph airtime hill and last few ejector hills on the third circuit? That would be pretty epic....

EDIT: For those who don't know which video I'm referring to:

(Don't think it's been posted yet?)

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Jesus Christ. That first announcement video (with the 3 outlaws) genuinely gave me goosebumps!
Looks simply incredible - Cedar Point definitely chose the right time to get their RMC. As others have said, it's pretty much got a bit of every other RMC so far and a bit more. The only thing it's missing is a quad down ;)
The animation didn't appear to show anything, but I'd like to think they'll add a bit of theming too?

Something I don't think we've considered yet; if they time it right and dispatch quickly enough, surely we get a head on collision between trains on the 73mph airtime hill and last few ejector hills on the third circuit? That would be pretty epic....

EDIT: For those who don't know which video I'm referring to:

(Don't think it's been posted yet?)
I hadn't seen this! Love stuff like this.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
The trailer for SV is simply awesome. I didn't think the ride would have a story. It's cool how they mixed Maverick into the story as well.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
^I suspected that too when I first watched that video. It makes sense because it ties in with the Maverick storyline, and each train on Maverick has its own name.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Prepare for the overhype. Looks incredible obviously, but being it's location and manufacturer, it's gonna be called the best when the first ****ing pov comes out.

Yeah I'll be one of those people too, but 5700 ft RMC with a disorienting as **** run through the structure. ****. Me. Up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'm just making a full trip report for the announcement tomorrow but here's what went down in a nutshell.

0d47c4744363785695108f0fa17c4e4d.jpg

It was a beautiful morning!

8e5724134d0e720c588b9da3fd2bd031.jpg

They gave out these hats.

df236ca4717c5f25dc1e92c21d51ac5e.jpg

After a little bit of bluegrass fun, Jason McClure came up and spoke a bit before they jumped right into it. Needless to say, the plaza, packed with both CP fanboys and RMC fanboys like myself, absolutely lost it. I actually Facebook Lived the first POV.

11f09444c1bf8d91fa32bd12bf2347a8.jpg

The Planet Coaster announcement drew some excitement and I heard quite a few people say they're getting the game just because of it.

9df7865de2a6dd3dd2571c78348cea4c.jpg

I LOST IT when Fred Grubb walked out and spoke. He didn't do any meet and greets but seeing one of my biggest inspirations in STEM just kind of showing up there like that was nothing short of surreal.

ddf028858c5876e7368c95e74d566f3b.jpg

They didn't just put the shirts on a table, you had to line up and hope they didn't run out. I bought one for me and one for my friend Matt.

3ea9d61bacfc209257a865ff154e6c47.jpg

I had to work that night so I headed out after but I got a few shots like this! I mounted my phone to the GPS Mount and let the camera start rolling. The video I have driving next to it is stunning (uploading tomorrow) and it also produces great screencaps!

f5f9ddc03f47b8c5fd4d4dcae3460413.jpg

BONUS: Found that the gift shop still had 6 of these marked down for $2 and I got all they had left! What a souvenir, I was being offered like $20 for them when I showed other enthusiasts. Probably eBaying them off when this opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codeman94

Mega Poster
If I remember correctly, "Steel Vengeance" was leaked as the name a few days ago, but hardly anyone took it seriously.. I know I didn't.

I hope they build the que near the track. I think Millennium Force has the best que. The thing whizzes right by you for the last 15 minutes of waiting in line. Gets you so amped to ride it.

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hyde posted that name on Sunday saying there were new rumblings. Guess he has reliable sources
It's amazing what you'll hear at the local bars the weekend before announcement. :p

There was a question on queue placement thrown out - the rendering shows a block of queues in the center field of Steel Vengeance. As mentioned earlier, the track is totally obscuring the old entrance - however the concept art revealed shows an entrance in the relatively same location, which then connects to the queue used by the Eden Musee haunt. It's worth noting, the Eden Musee haunt entrance is further back, making 2 possible entry points to the center field (which would be advantageous for overflow as well).

Rendering of overall layout
SteelVengence_07.jpg
And zoom in on queue area:
1.PNG usethis2.jpg

Regardless, expect that queue area to be a total cattle pen at opening.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That queue is going to be gross - especially early on. But I just can't take my eyes off those trains. <3

Mossed

Roller Poster
The ride is a home run. I predict that it will be the best ride in the park, and quite possibly the world (don't say that lightly, as Mavericks my 2nd ranked coaster).

Can't wait to see them expand on the queue and frontiertown upgrades that you know are coming along with this monstrosity.