What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Mean Streak to get Meaner in 2017?

I have more to add to this statement, which I will do later, but I fully expect an RMC overhaul, but topper track, not a Horse. And it will be only hyper wooden.

Expand later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

They're in the perfect position to take this and go full-on by reclaiming world's tallest woodie.

They'd be stupid not to, frankly.

BigBad

Mega Poster

tomahawk said:
topper track, not a Horse. And it will be only hyper wooden.
This might be more exciting than Kate Upton.

gavin said:
They're in the perfect position to take this and go full-on by reclaiming world's tallest woodie.
The current record is 197 ft, so the record almost has to get into the hyper range. I made hyper woodies in RCT and then in NoLimits, so I like the idea if it's done by a good manufacturer like RMC or Intamin rather than the clowns who did Son of Beast.

The issue I see is adding about 40 feet to the lift height, if the plan is a conversion rather than a totally new coaster. It could be done, but that seems like a lot. What I could have seen a few months ago is to use the existing lift height but have an LSM launch on the way up to set the speed record for a wood coaster, probably 80 mph. With Lightning Rod's issues, a launched wood coaster probably won't happen again for another few years.

I'd like to see an RMC of Mean Streak, but if they put in a hyper prefab then I expect to be happy. As I remarked in my previous post, the situation that I find unacceptable is where there's a moderate GCI. In fact, I think the GCI (and GG) would be the wrong way to go for this. Mean Streak doesn't have the most exciting layout, but it's probably the roughness that turns off most people. A 65-70 mph GCI or GG will be rough, as we see from the Voyage. That's not a good solution, but an RMC or prefab would be!

I still can't imagine anything but an Iron Horse.

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster

tomahawk said:
I have more to add to this statement, which I will do later, but I fully expect an RMC overhaul, but topper track, not a Horse. And it will be only hyper wooden.

Expand later.

RMC isn't using Topper Track for refurbishments anymore. Just for ground-up coasters.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

CarolinaRider said:
tomahawk said:

Expand later.

RMC isn't using Topper Track for refurbishments anymore. Just for ground-up coasters.
I'm quite aware. Which is why I said this. It won't be a conversion, it will be a new coaster, using the remnants of Mean Streak. The footprint may be aimilar, but it will be completely overhauled to fit what RMC does best, bat **** crazy things.

First off, the lift hill will be raised to at least 210 feet, making it a hyper. Also hence why it won't be a horse, you can call it first Hyper hybrid, but they would probably prefer to call it only wooden hyper. The drop will get stupid steep, the lift hill will get a slightly increased angle of ascent and you hit the mark with plenty of room for a pull out into what I'm sure would be an outerbank wtf moment.

This will be a bigger conversion than NTG, hence it halting operation now, it needs 18 months. I'm expecting a large percentage of the structure to come down only to be replaced by sexy curves.

Or they **** it up and GCI it with hardly noticeable reprofiling and the trims gone. But what fun is that.

Ben

CF Legend

Why are people so dead set on them definitely getting an RMC?!

Sure it'll be the best thing they could do and we'd love it but where's the evidence?

Why did they not get them in for Ghostrider or Mystic Timbers in that case?

A GCI is honestly so much more likely at this point given their track record.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

I was going to write a big post on how i couldn't see them changing the name from Mean Streak if it was only a GCI retrack ala Ghostrider however I forgot about the Mantis conversion and how the changed the name after only changing the trains.

Only thing is I cant see Cedar Point going for a ground up GCI as i dont think it'll be CP enough. For me its either gotta be I-box or a ground up Intamin Pre-fab.

If it's a GCI I'll literally go throw myself off a bridge. It does seem the most likely option, but ugh just WHY THAT when the amusement industry has come so far in terms of wooden coasters since then?! Ew.

Ketchup

Mega Poster

Seems like great news this! The one thing I felt Cedar Point lacked was a really quality, modern, airtime packed coaster (Magnum being the nearest thing going) and an RMC will fill that void nicely. With the footprint available if this is an RMC, it could be a contender for the best coaster on the planet.

I didn't actually find Mean Streak that bad as it just felt like a giant mine train. It was considerably better than some of the other Cedar Fair woodies such as both Hurlers and the two mediocre woodies at Canada's Wonderland.

Any bets on the name? I'm going with Meaner Streak! =P

S

SimonSays99

I do not know why so many would rather like to see a RMC than a GCI as I find the former way over-hyped. They are fun rides but mostly life from their quite forceless inversions while GCI layouts are IMO more twisty, more airtime, more fun.

Nevertheless I would personally always prefer a steel coaster that is not B&M... :goon:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

We just need to focus on the most important goal - there will be one less Dinn Corp. woodie in the world.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

These media invites went out this morning. All indicators remain pointed at a Soak City addition for 2017.

[tweet]http://twitter.com/ohiodotcom/status/763066033414504448[/tweet]

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Considering Blandravn came in 2016, 2017 should be something smaller(like said Soak City expansion). 2018 is Iron Streak most likely.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Cedar Point sent this email yesterday:

Subject: Something's Afoot At Cedar Point
Ahoy, Passholders! Visit Soak City Water Park THIS Thursday night from 6:00-8:00 p.m. to celebrate what's in store for 2017!
• Full details on exciting new additions coming May of 2017
• Late slide time on select Soak City Water Park attractions
• Exclusive DEALS on 2017 Platinum Passes, valid one night only!
• FREE hot dogs, refreshments, and more!
• LIVE entertainment from the Toes In The Sand Band and a Live DJ
You won't want to miss this FREE event for ALL Passholders (both Regular and Platinum)* but hurry, space is limited so RSVP at the link below in order to attend.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/?mobile=0&promocode=new2017

All indicators are still pointing to Cedar Point getting a ProSlide Tornado hand-me-down from Knott's Berry Farm for 2017 in the space formerly occupied by the go karts and Skyscraper pay-for attraction. If so, Mean Streak site development is beyond 2017.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Notice that this is not a rendering of what Mean Streak will look like in 2017. :razz:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/766288575864377344[/tweet]

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Re: Mean Streak Removal - What's Next?

CP dropped a heavy hint that Mean Streak will be RMC'd during its closing ceremony last night.
An employee introduced himself as Richard Michael Crosby, very much emphasising the point.

davidm

Strata Poster

Richard Michael Crosby, very much emphasising the point
here...

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/wwj950/videos/1248989015146132/[/facebookpost]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Apologies for lack of live stream last night from the CF channel - it turns out throngs of people is great at killing wifi signal. :p

Here is the video I shot of Tony Clark's eulogy. Absolutely hilarious!

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/CoasterForce/videos/10153814876158639/[/facebookpost]