What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Mean Streak's brake run hasn't appeared to change height. I think we can all expect the train to sail through it in normal operation. Also, it's a sigh of relief to see the ride being so low to the ground post mid course brakes. That should make for a fairly swift run through the superstructure.

codeman94

Mega Poster
I'm just trying the think about the comparison we can make to the ride after the brake run. We already know the first part will be bigger and faster than anything we've seen, but the second half will only have the capability of what a 100 ft RMC can produce... so we should expect a Storm Chaser type of a 2nd half, theoretically?.. That might be hard to do with all of that length. Maybe it wont make a full 3rd lap, and it will remain close to the main structure to maximize what it can at lower speeds?

Last edited:

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
I'm just trying the think about the comparison we can make to the ride after the brake run. We already know the first part will be bigger and faster than anything we've seen, but the second half will only have the capability of what a 100 ft RMC can produce... so we should expect a Storm Chaser type of a 2nd half, theoretically?.. That might be hard to do with all of that length. Maybe it wont make a full 3rd lap, and it will remain close to the main structure to maximize what it can at lower speeds?
Wicked Cyclone tops out at about 100 feet or so, and there's plenty of length there.

Sythe

Mega Poster
The MCBR looks to be about 75-80 feet, so it will probably be slower than Wicked Cyclone, even with the extra speed.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mossed

Roller Poster
So what are folks realistic expectations of this roller coaster? I know there are a few who feel that this must be the best steel roller coaster in the world in order to meet muster. Personally, I am happy as long as this is the best of the Dinn Corp. conversions to date

I really think it has everything going for it. Large airtime moments, quick airtime moments, a short stall, long ride length and duration.

Right up there with Lightning Rod and Wildfire as the best RMC. Best coaster in the park.

amt5626

Roller Poster
Just got back from the park today. Really incredible seeing this thing in person. Track reaches up to the first part of the double up going into the MCBR now. Lots of low to the ground ledgers after that over-bank or inversion near the station. Was hard to get a good look at exactly what was going on with that element based on ledgers alone, but it looked cool. With the water park opening this weekend, I would not be surprised if we start seeing some more teasers start showing up soon.

Mack

Mega Poster
With those tracks so close together coming out of the stall into the MCBR, I wonder if the third lap would carry enough speed to do an inversion up and OVER the two tracks down at that lowest point like Twisted Colossus? Anyone know the height of the original MCBR?
I'm not entirely sure, but I'd swear it was about half the height of opening banked turns. Despite being brought to a near halt at the MCBR, it kept quite a lot of speed in the final lap... I bet after the conversion, as long as the block is clear, it'll blitz right through. The original layout was like a mad dash through the supports, I think they'll keep that impish nature for the reload. :)

TwoTonTunic

Roller Poster
Has anyone grabbed pictures from the park? I am hoping to go in 3 weeks if possible. Going to bring my tourist camera and try to get some better than cell phone pictures of my own.

Wablamo0821

Roller Poster
Odds that they'll break the 3 inversion Hybrid record? :) Looks to be going for height, speed, etc records... I mean, why not the inversion record, right?

LightDark18

Roller Poster
Was making conversation with the ride operators at Ripcord (Frontier Fling, whatever) and I mentioned the Mean Streak conversion, to which they replied in Tony Clark's same lying-through-your-teeth tone, "it looks like they're tearing it down." As frustrating as it is, it is impressive to see how well the staff has been trained to keep their mouths shut.

TwoTonTunic

Roller Poster
It's similar to how tight lipped everyone was when they were building Dragster. Some people I asked didn't even acknowledge it was even in the park.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I tend to go to Cedar Point towards the beginning of Halloweekends (live in Jersey) and went two days after the official closing of Mean Streak. I was taking a video from the queue line area before going into the haunted attraction there and mentioned to the woman working that while it's a beautiful structure it was so rough I wasn't exactly sad to see it go. She then told me they weren't tearing it down but were planning to re-track it. My first thought was a RMC conversion. I hadn't discovered this forum yet so when I first stumbled upon Coaster Force I was happy to see all the information and theories about this ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It's similar to how tight lipped everyone was when they were building Dragster. Some people I asked didn't even acknowledge it was even in the park.
You also need to appreciate - park staff are as in the dark as you are. :p

LightDark18

Roller Poster
I've noticed that there was lift hill work yesterday morning when I went to the park (until the high winds hit), and when I checked Twitter this morning, there was more work happening. I think this says a couple things: every major element going directly under the lift hill is complete (doesn't mean that more track can't go under it, though) and this work will become commonplace throughout the season. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the lift hill was complete or almost complete by the time they announce the ride (probably August).