What's new

Cedar Point - May 16-17

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I unfortunately found out on Thursday that PLCP couldn't go, but he never told me for whatever reason, so I was off to Sandusky by myself for the weekend.

We arrived at around 2:00PM in a downpour. After checking into the Breakers and entering, we headed around the park looking for decent waits. Maverick was under an hour so we got in line. Due to rain, that was about double of what it should've been. Maverick was the workhorse this weekend, and that was a good thing, because Top Thrill Dragster was having trouble clearing the tophat all weekend and Millennium Force went down around 7:00PM, not to reopen until around 3:00PM on Sunday.

Here's a ride count of the weekend:

Maverick x4
Mean Streak x1
Cedar Creek Mine Ride x1
Skyhawk x1
Gemini x2
Magnum x2
Corkscrew x1
Power Tower red x1
Iron Dragon x1
Wicked Twister x2
maXair x1
Blue Streak x2
Raptor x1
Millennium Force x1

Onto the pictures, because I know that's all you really care about:

All that wood that showed up around Mean Streak went to catwalks and hand rails instead of track, which is a shame:

IMG_8629.jpg

This year, the spotlight was on Magnum. The station received some decoration:

IMG_8630.jpg

Decals were added to the backs of trains:
IMG_8632.jpg

And a good looking entrance sign was installed:

IMG_8633.jpg

Along with that, they replaced the fountain at the front of the park with an interactive one, which I personally think is a fail. Water doesn't shoot more than six feet high:

IMG_8634.jpg

On Saturday night, the park gave a small preview of Starlight Experience, and even though a small portion of the lights were on, it looked awesome. Every tree I saw on Frontier Trail was wrapped in lights, so I can't wait to see all the lights on:

IMG_8641.jpg

I took some night pictures as well, which came out nicely:

IMG_8642.jpg

IMG_8644.jpg

A bit too long of an exposure on this one, but I like it:

IMG_8646.jpg

Some more general park photos:

IMG_8635.jpg

IMG_8670.jpg

IMG_8639.jpg

And lastly some panoramas I made:

maverick1.gif

raptor1.gif

raptor2.gif

We left around 5:00PM to head home on Sunday. Overall, it wasn't the best trip, but it was nice to be back and take it easy.

Enjoy!

Pretty good ride count, and the weather looked nice, but WTF ABOUT THE FOUNTAIN? I AM FURRRRIOUS.

Nice pictures and everything though! Sucks how Patty Watty didn't get to attend!

^ You should, because they're quite possibly the most awesome flat rides out there. Well, actually, MaXair is my favourite out of all the ones I have been on and it trumps most of them into the ground. The only thing that even comes close is Shockwave at Wonderland.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
My favourite flat ride is a topscan - fantastic in every way but that's another topic! :D

Back on topic, I enjoyed reading your trip report rollerdude and I'd love to go to Cedar Point one of these days :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I bet Taylor's been to more ghetto fairs than all of us combined, and I've been to my fair share of ghetto fairs.

^Thank you. I agree, top scans are great rides. Probably that and giant frisbees are my two favorites.