What's new

Cedar Point | Corkscrew | Arrow Dynamics

Axe Murderer

Roller Poster
Hi. Does anyone have a clue on what the mechanism is that gives this coaster it's initial push from the station? Are there some discrete drive tires that I'm not seeing?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Not really sure about your username being appropriate for a site like ours, but welcome to CF and this is the right place for a topic like this. Feel free to edit the title of this topic if you wish, as we only ask that you use that standard for the new coaster/ride/park construction topics.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
On most Arrow Loopers have slanted stations angling down. Back then, friction brakes were only used in stations(now we use mostly, if not entirely drive tires), so the angle of the track got it rolling. Nowadays, most stations are flat, and drive tires get it rolling.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Bingo. Majority of roller coasters are designed on a downward incline, using gravity to drive the roller coaster forward with brakes to trim speed into the station. Otherwise, tire motors are often used to push the train forward, making contact with the brake fin or underside of the coaster train.

Axe Murderer

Roller Poster
Thanks for your answers on this topic it's really helpful, I thought I was going mad looking for something that's not there!

Apologies for the slightly dodgy username, I've had it since I was 13 (the first time I played a game that allowed more than 3 characters for a high score, not sure why I chose it TBH) and have never had a problem with it up to now it but I'm happy to change it, I just don't know how... The same goes for the topic title, I'm not sure how to modify that either.

I'll try to be less noobish in future. This forum is a great resource for me and I don't wish to offend :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
No offense taken and you can certainly keep your username if you wish to. Should you ever change your mind just send me or one of the other mods a PM with the request and what you would like to change it to and we'll take care of it.
To change a topic title (or any other portion of one of your posts) all you have to do is click the edit button, make any changes you wish and then click the submit button. Simple as...
Of course there might be a minimum amount of posts you have to make before all the functions of posting on the forums become available for you to use, so the edit and quote buttons might not appear in your post yet.