What's new

Cedar Point and Kings Island sending surveys for new coasters?

Fiender

Mega Poster
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/1cepoj2
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/1cep7n3
For CP:
-Tilt Coaster
-Water Coaster
-Family Thrill Coaster
-Xtreme Spinner Shuttle

For KI:
-Indoor Dark Ride Coaster
-Family Thrill Coaster
-Giga Dive
-Xtreme Spinner Shuttle

A couple of repeats here; both CP and KI looking at the Mack Xtreme Spinner and the family coaster. I suspect Cedar Fair has their hearts set on getting at least one spinner and one family thrill, but haven't settled on which park gets it,

Fiender

Mega Poster
That Spinner is so incredibly wacky. So wacky that it justified a very quick mockup:
I was initially excited about an Xtreme Spinner coming to KI or CP (Both parks are much closer to Western New York than SDC... or Plopsa). A closer look at the concept art (and your animation based on it) kinda... make me less excited lol. It looks like a relatively cheap, low-capacity coaster. Something that would seriously underwhelm if added to a major park like either America's Roller Coast or Ohio's Other Amusement Park. Unless the next record Cedar Fair wants to break is "lowest rated Xtreme Spinner".

Fiender

Mega Poster
Amazing. Kings Island should hire you to do their marketing. Not “A Place Like No Other” but “The Other Place”
Legit, on God, this was the sign off from a morning Mystic Timbers operator: "Enjoy the rest of your day at Kings Island, the other amusement park in Ohio!"

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Some notes;

Early last year we had intel that a B&M Giga Dive, Surf Coaster, and Mack Xtreme Spinner were on the decision table for Kings Island. The B&M's would have gone where Timberwolf Ampitheatre is, strangely enough. That info has now been proven to be 2/3 correct.

Regardless, how much of this is actually viable to happen? Tower Coaster would come off as more of a gimmick than a ride experience and not something worth sinking money into. Plus the site is just extremely inconvenient, too. I'd love me a more fleshed out Xtreme Spinner at KI but ultimately they just won't bite this concept.

Indoor coaster is an odd choice given Flight of Fear, or the prospect of putting another Kings Island Box in the middle of the Vortex plot. The PlanCo artwork appears more like an idea rather than a concept, anyways.

Zamperla Family Thrill launch coaster is definitely an idea under heavy consideration from a lot of parks. The layout presented however borrows from their idea a couple IAAPA's ago, involving a single trail and a switch track. Given the size vs capacity vs Family Boomerang I wouldn't expect KI to jump at this. In fact, I wouldn't expect any other Cedar Fair park except Michigan's Adventure to move ahead with this particular attraction. Bright future ahead for Michigan's Adventure though, hope they get this.
1714310901167.png

Considering that Cedar Point did just ditch Forbidden Frontier, the island is once again open season. Always the prospect they could try out another area and rides back there, maybe cram in a similar Family Thrill launch coaster?

No words on the B&M Giga Dive. Would kind of render building Orion a tad pointless but whatever. Still would prefer that Vekoma Tilt Coaster from CP's survey over at Vortex plot, definitely hype.

Overall I do feel like much of these surveys are gauging reactions from guests, with some of this firmly not happening. Seriously, no Tower Coaster. Overall though, definitely encouraging for a next major coaster!

Last edited: