What's new

Cedar Point 2019

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Saw this over on Facebook. Please move to the correct thread if there is one, but seems Cedar Creek Mine Ride is going to have something happen to it?

As the comments say, it was built in 1969 and there is the 69-19 text in the left corner.

Any ideas? They seem to be doing a bit in this area. Dinosaurs Alive, Shoot the Rapids, now Mine Ride?

Edit: brightened photo:

7353285b2b3a911b8fdf178f58e9b776.jpg

Last edited:

TLARides

Hyper Poster
That's the Beast station again

Oh, wonderful. Here come the RMC Son Of Beast theories again.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Intricks

Strata Poster
Wasnt there a poster involving CCMR getting its 6th (5th? 7th even?) car back on its train again?

Or am i just making this up. Swear I saw it on facebook or something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Wasnt there a poster involving CCMR getting its 6th (5th? 7th even?) car back on its train again?

The "Number 5 Is Alive!" thing?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

justinmyersm

Mega Poster

I thought they already had 5 cars? Pretty sure Error works on CCMR. Maybe he could give us some insight?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd love to say this points to something, but it doesn't. The "Number 5 is Alive" posters were total red herrings on the Kings Island announcement front - Cedar Fair designers are just having fun making vintage posters at this point. Cedar Point has already announced the Adventure Island replacement of Dinosaurs Alive on the center island for 2019; maybe this alludes to more of what that attraction will carry? IDK.

Snoo

The Legend
Y'all are so off topic anymore. It's ridiculous.

I mean, is it a surprise though? We have nothing but a poster from another park to go on. They haven't announced anything outside of the island craptastic voyage.. so why speculate something that won't happen? :p

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
Cedar Creek Mine Ride turns 50 next year so I'm assuming most of the promotional materials are about that.