Which manufacturer is better?

• Custom Coasters International

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Great Coasters International

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Edward M

Strata Poster
Considering that these are made by the same family. I was wondering which you thought was better.

Snoo

The Legend
Quality made by both:

CCI: Boulder Dash
GCI: Everything.

GCI wins. :)

In fact, CCI made my favorite and my most hated coaster, The Villain at Geauga Lake.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It is essentially like comparing a Ford Model T to a Ford Shelby - two very different philosophies and designs.

There is no denying the work that CCI did - it is apart of a proud wooden coaster company heritage reaching all the way back to Charles Dinn, Director of Construction for Kings Island's Beast in 1983. Dinn founded his own company shortly after (Dinn Corporation), which ended in bankruptcy. Custom Coasters International was a continuation of Dinn, founded by his daughter in 1991, which too ended in bankruptcy. This however created the splinter (no pun intended) organizations of Gravity Group and Great Coasters International, which manufacture some of the best roller coasters in the world.

Without CCI, there would be no GCI. CCI was the wooden coaster authority of the 90s, and the flame has now been handed down to GCI and GG.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
In terms of impact/history, CCI since GCI came from them, (as well as Gravity Group) and they have made some sick rides!

But in terms of actual ride quality, gotta hand it to GCI. I like the twister style better and overall their coasters are just better. Especially since many CCI's follow the traditional layout, many even have the exact same turnaround! GCI seems to be expanding into the larger and out&back world anyway so that's good.

Both are great though.