• Cat person

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Dog person

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

Edward M

Strata Poster
Are you a cat person or a dog person?

I am a dog person! I think cats are great and adorable but I have the cutest dog in existence. I also have 5 kittens that live under our house that we feed. SOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Dog, I hate cats. That said, I love the cat my siblings and I got my mom for Christmas, she's still a kitten so she's still cool and chases her tail, plays fetch, and is clumsy as ****, so basically she's a dog.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I've been an owner of both and I guess I like each about equally. Dogs can often be more fun and active, but they're also higher maintenance. Cats, on the other hand, are largely independent and more or less take care of themselves so long as you set out food, water, and a litterbox. I also feel like cats generally have more dynamic personalities.. they can be snarky little assholes and then become all cuddly and affectionate at the drop of a hat, whereas dogs tend to be either "ZOMG I love you, you're my best friend and I'll do anything for you!" or "I hate everybody and everything so I'm going to bark & be angry all damn day" almost all of the time. Just my experience, anyway. Really it depends on the individual animal. Some dogs & cats really suck, and some are great & very friendly.

Gun to my head and I have to pick one? Cats, then.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Dogs. I require unconditional love in my life.

Dogs are always happy to see somebody, they love being stroked and played/wrestled with and are sillier than cats. I don't like feeling bones when I stroke a cat. A dog feels more robust and meaty.

My weakness is English cocker spaniels or black labradors. I'm gong to post some images and go all soppy. Ahhhh.
cocker_spaniel_75_0.jpg

Black_Cocker_Spaniel_and_Dolphin.jpg

Labrador-Retriever-Puppies.jpg

pet+1.jpg

Melted.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Family_Furie all like cats. I think they're pointless pets and a pest to the local community - "Oh, they can crap in your garden and cause disease because they're feral, but you can't hit them iwth a spade for doing it because they're a pet."

Bollocks to that, they should all be banned, or forced to remain in the house - otherwise I'll let the kids loose in the neighbourhood and claim they're feral. Actually, that wouldn't work in our neighbourhood as the locals and their kids have already beaten me to that :p

I love dogs, they're like big rats :)

Gazza

Giga Poster
I like cats, partially because they are low maintenance, partially because they are quite loving and in the case of my cat, "talks" to you, Eg If i come into a room and make eye contact, she'll miaow, If I let her in from outside, she'll almost make a thankyou miaow...When I come home she'll come to the door to greet me and stick around. (Though Siamese cats are known to be "talkative")
Mine is getting old now (17), so she's quite gentle, and happy just to put herself near you, lean against you when you're sitting or in bed, or just watch what you are doing.
<3

24417_3011891111587_47099851_n.jpg

379655_2741139222959_696746126_n.jpg

314567_1589234666065_626226258_n.jpg

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Dogs. I've lived with cats before and as lovely as they are, they're just alive and exist to be petted and for food.

Dogs, however, really are man's best friend. They have emotion, understand yours and communicate to you through their love. My pet dogs have all been my friends - and in some cases, my closest friends - whereas cats have just been pets.

Dogs <3

fefa

Mega Poster
Hmm thats a tricky one. It depends what cat I guess.
I would consider myself a dog person but if someone offered me a lion I would chose that over a dog .... :-/

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Just saw this movie last night, thought this was relevant:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYfTIrmp1yU[/youtube]