What's new

Casey Jr Coaster at DLP.

luke8

Mega Poster
What.the. ****?

I've been to Disneyland Paris twice (2002 and 2005), and love the place. But I've only just realised they have the world's only Vekoma powered coaster, somewhere>

On both my visits, I have never seen it, and even when looking at the pakr on RCDB before, Ive never noticed it!

Does anyone have any more info and better pictures for this?

Steven

Giga Poster
Yes it is fantasic ride but is very out the way. It near alice in wounderland. I think.

Two POVs

Forwards at Paris (and yes it has one backwards row.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNWIgATq6ig&feature=related[/youtube]
Going backward (Only one row at the back.) BUT at calafornia.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IismkM8meI[/youtube]

Peter

Hyper Poster
I wouldn't say its a fantastic ride, its one of the poor powered coaster, but quite kiddie friendly, which is what its designed for, so it does what its supposed to do. . The on board music is cool. :--D

The ride is shoved right at the back of the park, in Fantasyland, sort of behind Its a Small World and winds its way around the farytail story book ride.

http://commons.dlrpwiki.org/images/9/9c/Disneyland_Park_-_Map.gif

On that map, you can see it right at the top on the right, the little bulge sticking out just behind Its a Small World.

To an enthusiast (well to me) its nothing special, just a slow powered coaster with a few little bumps, but mainly helixes.

Am I right in thinking that this coaster has more than 1 train? It definatly has some transfer track, so it probably makes it the only powered coaster with more than 1 train?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, it's shoved (as you enter the park) in the very far top right corner....as Peter's map link shows. Easy to miss.

I went on it twice because I couldn't believe how toss it was the first time round.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Theres that little boat ride under it aswell and in the 11 years I've been going to DLP, I only just discovered it. I love Casey Jr. It's a neat little ride, and the scenery is beautiful.

marc

CF Legend
Its normally shut Erol, in 3 visits have only seen it open once and that was last weekend :) It was ok not as good as the Story Book ride in California but had some nice models.

They have 2 trains on the coaster, they were running them both at the weeked.

The ride in California is not a coaster though, even though there is a small lift hill and it coasts a tiny amount it can not be counted on coaster count.

spicy

Giga Poster
I always go on Casey Jr just for the soundtrack, it goes so well with the ride its brilliant.

If you go at Christmas time its just behind Belle's Christmas Village, you go under a bridge for the train that goes round the park and its on your right.

The Storybook boat ride is never open though, which is a shame as its really well themed.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I went on Story Book for the first time this Summer, it wasn't all that anyway. I too agree that the soundtrack on Casey is great and it really takes me back.

Bitter

Mega Poster
When I went this summer I really wanted to go on it as I remember loving it when I was little as I was too small for the likes of Space Mountain, but alas it was shut for maintenance while I was there :(.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Two things:

-Firstly, you can see the transfer track at about 1.35 on the first video.

-Secondly, how long is that coaster? Surely it's got the be one of, if not the longest powered coaster. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Steven

Giga Poster
A yes that is the transfer track the have three cars but only to can operate.
B It is one hell of a long ride but it is great due to the tune and scenery.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
It surely can't be longer than Alton or Drayton's powered coasters? It takes ages, but that's probably becuase it's so damn slow. If you look on the video, it looks as though that toddler who didn't quite make it onboard has managed to leap into the ride area and overtake the train by crawling...

I've never been on it... but it looks very slow, and possibly shorter than runaway train AT

walker1104

Mega Poster
bradleyhart said:
I have been DLP, twice now and have never seen this ride. Although it doesn't look like I missed out on much!

Yeah I've been four times now, and I've never noticed it either.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
When I went to DLP in 2003 I just caught a glimpse of it and I think there were only a few people on it which isn't a surprise really considering it's way back at the back of the park. I don't think I found the entrance for it either. :lol:

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Thats unusual about the Storybook ride, as everytime I've been (5 in just over a year) its been open, and one day it was drained and closed one day, open the next.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
It's usually closed in the winter because of the cold temperatures (storybook ride)

I think it's a great little coaster, first Vekoma Powered coaster, and the first coaster to feature on board audio

Fantastic scenery, however whenever I've been there, it's always been really busy

nadroJ

CF Legend
I went in July and October last year and both times it was open, and both times I rode it! I always knew it was there though as the times before when I've visited it has been with my family and I have a few younger cousins who went on it. Bit boring, but good soundtrack and scenery.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
It's a cute little ride - pretty good fun too as long as you're not expecting it to subject you to serious forces and inversions