What's new

J Rod

Roller Poster
Let's not get carried away and hype this up with Maverick comparisons because it's still probably going to be a spinner.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's quite an intriguing concept thus far. They could swing the needle more towards Blue Fire with that spinning car than Time Traveler, but we'll have to wait a bit more to see what the final product is.

Pear

Strata Poster
I'd be fine with a Blue Fire clone as it's a fun ride just overall meh. I'd much prefer something custom and thankfully that's what we're getting.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I thought there was confirmation looking at the maintenance bays in the site plan that it wasn’t a spinner? Nothing about the theme suggests it remotely, as early on as it may be.

Some things to note from teasers:
*One poster mentions copper tubing, this is probably not only hinting at the Copperhead Strike name (and possibly copper color) but also Mack, as they’re now one of the big dogs when it comes to tubular steel track.
*1937 Ford V8 cars, I guarantee the trains will be themed as such. Google image them and they have a nice, pointed nose that would translate very well to a coaster car similar to both Timbers rides.
*So far I’m getting that it’ll be themed to a corn farm overrun by snakes. Unless they’re seriously trolling us, I see it being branded exactly like Twisted and Mystic were.

Lofty

CF Legend
*One poster mentions copper tubing, this is probably not only hinting at the Copperhead Strike name (and possibly copper color) but also Mack, as they’re now one of the big dogs when it comes to tubular steel track.
I'm sorry but that's bollocks. That's absolutely pulling at straws for any form of Mack tie-in. That copper tube line could be used for ANY coaster manufacturer that supplies tubular steel coaster track.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
In this recent Mack factory tour by OhioValleyCoasters, the track being manufactured at the plant is confirmed to be a launch coaster, and they near enough confirm that it's going to Carowinds:-

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What a curious conference space... it's... ghastly. :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
530 won't be the capacity, that's way too low.

I haven't a clue what it is though. It can't be height, it can't be speed, it can't be length, it won't be ride duration of capacity, so I don't know. Perhaps it could be the number of track pieces the ride is made from?

Last edited:

shawnoc

Mega Poster
@Snoo ive been part of this forum since 2006. I’m a lurker.

However having been to Carowinds last year, that area of the park defiantly needs something back there.
It felt a bit dead around there.

Snoo

The Legend
@Snoo ive been part of this forum since 2006. I’m a lurker.

However having been to Carowinds last year, that area of the park defiantly needs something back there.
It felt a bit dead around there.

Oooo wow. You're older then me.. by like a week. Well CF brothers for life! <3