What's new

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yep, I'm going to hold off final judgment until we can see the train running cycles. I don't think they're posting the most flattering angle, despite the admirable craftsmanship and detail of the zero car. Maybe a side or isometric view will help with understanding some of the contours and and maybe shed light on some depth, but as of now the proportions look off. Granted, it could be caused by the train's geometry itself. Twisted Timbers, Lightning Rod, and Twisted Cyclone all have automotive themed trains that look nice because there's enough space in the front for a properly proportioned zero car. It appears that Carowinds is trying to model their trains after the Ford V8; the original moonshine runner. It's apparent that the center of the hood isn't high enough, nor does Mack's zero car geometry allow for the decoration to be long enough to stuff such a huge engine block under the hood...but maybe some different angles aside from low in the front will put a better taste in my mouth:

1940-Ford-V8-Coupe.jpg

Maybe that's just because I work in automotive though :p

Matt N

CF Legend
Hate to burst your bubble, but it would seem that the only actual testing footage shown in TPR's video is of the jojo roll; the rest is from the animation. Great to see testing, though; can't wait to see it blitzing round the rest of the circuit!

Matt N

CF Legend
I hate hangtime for the most part on all coasters except Mack ones, don't know why.
Maybe it's because Mack coasters have those fab restraints that don't rest on your shoulders, making you feel more exposed during the hangtime?

As for my opinion on hangtime, I don't personally mind it on the coasters I've done it on. The Swarm's drop is a pretty great moment, in my opinion!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I enjoyed Blue Fire's inversions. I don't get all the hype surrounding the final one though, although I do wish Icon had another couple of inversions. Although I am going greatly off topic.

Hutch

Strata Poster
With regards to the car design, I don't really care for it. I mean the design itself is decent but I'm getting a bit tired of seeing random car designs on rides when they don't really add much to them. Like Twisted Cyclone, Texas Giant, Twisted Timbers, and Mystic Timbers, all their car designs are just kind of there?

Lofty

CF Legend
Helix's In-Line Twist is disgusting; blue fire's is ok because it's taken with a little speed - Icon's is also horrible.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
My first thought was this looks worse than the rolls on Sky Rocket 2's, which are my least favorite inversions, including anything on an SLC. Now slow it down 10mph more and barf.

Still excited for the Live though!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I think the JoJo roll will be fun... approximately 3 times. During a marathon I 100% feel like it's just gonna get annoying. Although I'm glad that it goes through the roll faster than the animation speed.