What's new

Pear

Strata Poster
Not sure if anyone noticed but the second loop will actually be clothoid (tear-drop shape), unlike the circular first loop.
Not really

c5e08fc5a9aff620e44134d7016a6f3c.png

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ok I know nobody actually cares, but am I the only one who is seeing the second loop as circular like the first one? It's not clothoid or teardrop-shaped at all.

reed2play

Roller Poster
Ok I know nobody actually cares, but am I the only one who is seeing the second loop as circular like the first one? It's not clothoid or teardrop-shaped at all.

Looking at the official renderings the first loop looks to be circular and the second more of a clothiod shaped loop.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Looking at the rendering above, I disagree, but again I don't think anybody cares too much.

As for the coaster as a whole though, it's looking so good already! The colour has grown on me so much tbh.

reed2play

Roller Poster
Looking at the rendering above, I disagree, but again I don't think anybody cares too much.

As for the coaster as a whole though, it's looking so good already! The colour has grown on me so much tbh.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree lol. But your right it doesn’t really matter. What I do agree with you on though is the colour scheme looking awesome. As I said on a previous recent post, it’s the best looking ride of 2019 in my opinion. The colour of the track and supports, the way the station is themed and the logo make it very cool

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
A circular loop has both entrance and exit in the centre of the element; a clothoid loop starts the element at one side, and finishes it at the other side.

The first vertical loop on Copperhead Strike is a very near Circular loop, the entrance and exit to the element are very closely aligned. The second vertical loop is much more clothoid shape, the entrance and exit are quite far away from each other. The second loop however is designed for weightlessness, or possibly even a bit of hangtime at the top. This is why it appears more circular to the average loop that is designed to keep you in the seat through the entire element.

Last edited:

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
"You stupid clothoid shaped imbecile".
Tell that to Arrow fanboys.;)

Speaking of the first circular loop, it seems like it might be pretty intense! Coming out of a launch right into a circular loop isn't what you'd expect from a modern company these days. It just screams Schwarzkopf to me!

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Tell that to Arrow fanboys.;)

Speaking of the first circular loop, it seems like it might be pretty intense! Coming out of a launch right into a circular loop isn't what you'd expect from a modern company these days. It just screams Schwarzkopf to me!
I agree. That loop is Schwarzkopf-great, and should be insanely intense.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The loop looks very similar to the one on Capital Bullet Train at Motiongate which is also quite circular.
I'm afraid that really wasn't very intense. Don't get me wrong its a solid ride but in no way would I call it an intense one :/

thumb_0w8a7228-edit.jpg
C2UefLFXgAIma79.jpg