What's new

Cannstatter Volksfest, Stuttgart - any decent rides?

ashtonrick

Roller Poster
Hi all,

Off to Cannstatter Volksfest in Stuttgart next month and wondered if anyone knows if there's been decent rides at the festival in recent years? I've heard they maybe have a Wild Mouse coaster, and a Schwarzkopf coaster called Alpina Bahn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H68ojaD4aN4)?

Anyone know if anything else decent will be there this year, or are we to take a trip to nearby Tripsdrill (their woodie looks quite nice - oo-er!)?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Here is the official list of all the rides at Cannstatter Volksfest. I can at least spot 3 credits (marked with bold).
www.kirmesforum.de said:
Wildwasser 3 - Löwenthal
The Real Shake - Blum
Transformer - Schmidt
Wilde Maus Coaster - Kinzler
Booster Take Off - Ahrend
Adventure Shuttle Simulator - Barth
Top Scan Poseidons Rache - Köhrmann
Daemonium Geisterbahn - Blume
Musik Express - Kinzler
Polyp - Ruoff
Show der Sensationen - Blume
XXL Afterburner - Denies Kipp
Circus Circus - Bruch
Hot Shot Bungee - Dölle
Wellenflug - Baumgartner
U 3000 Simulator - Ahrend
Maxximum - Jolliet
Action House - Kipp
Europa Rad - Kipp
Revolution - Kinzler Nickel
Geheimnis des Orients Irgarten- Moser
Rallye Monte Carlo Go Kart Bahn - Fackler
Airwolf - Eberhard
Spinning Racer Coaster - Bruch
1001 Nacht Fliegender Teppich - Hartmann
Happy Sailor - Howey
Mega 4G Booster Maxx - Hoefnagels Denies
Super Rutsche - Göbel
Crazy Outback Funhouse - Hofmann Jehn
Break Dance No1 - Kinzler
Fight Club - Hässler Schultz
Fun Street - Hofmann
Teststrecke Looping Coaster - Steiger Rosenzweig
Pirates Adventure Adventure - Schneider
Flash High Voltage - Weber
The Sky Screamer - Traber
Countdown Freefall - Robrahn
Geisterschlange - Lehmann
Flipper - Meess
Steiger Riesenrad - Steiger
Mystery Tower Hotel - Müller
Alpha 1 - Peeters
Kristall Palast - Sturm
Wild N Wet Rafting - Löwenthal
Crazy Town Funhouse - Wagner
Music Shop Musik Express - Weeber
Star Flyer - Goetzke
Autoscooter - Göbel
Autoscooter - Roschmann
Autoscooter Super Skooter - Kritz
Autoscooter - Weber
Autoscooter - Schiedt

So you have a standard wild mouse, a M&S compact spinner and the Schwarzkopf Double Looper from Dorney at the fair. Should be a good selection.

You could always pop over to Tripsdrill in the morning and grab the credits, and then just have an awesome afternoon/evening/night at the fair :)

And if you have the time for it and depending on when you are there then you can go down to Munich for Oktoberfest 19/9-4/10, with: Alpinabahn, Olympia Looping <3, Höllenblitz and a couple of more wild mouse's... :) Click for List

ashtonrick

Roller Poster
Thanks for the info! Testrecke looks pretty cool. May have to pop to Tripsdrill indeed in the morning though as the woodie looks half decent there!

Ollie

CF Legend
And if you have the time for it and depending on when you are there then you can go down to Munich for Oktoberfest 19/9-4/10, with: Alpinabahn, Olympia Looping <3, Höllenblitz and a couple of more wild mouse's... Smile Click for List
Alpinabahn and Höllenblitz are both AMAZING. Really want to get on Olympia Looping sometime though.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Loefet has it covered, but don't get your hopes up too high for Mammut at Tripsdrill. It's a good coaster, but not great by any means.
Like he says, get to Tripsdrill early and get the credits (do the funky drop tower thingy as well), then head off to Stuttgart and ride Teststrecke!
It's a 3 hour drive to Munich from Stuttgart, so you'll need another day to do the Oktoberfest but it's well worth it. You'll be able to get in the four best traveling coasters in two days. I had to drive hundreds of miles and go to three fairs to get them all in. :wink:

ashtonrick

Roller Poster
Got back from Volksfest and must say highly recommend it. Testrecke was fun with the lap bars (no headbashing - yay!), the wilde maus was tame as anything (mind you I'm used to the insane PBB Mouse) but fun, the spinning coaster was good, however the Drop Tower was highly disappointing. You got 3 full shots up the tower and 2 full drops down for Eur3.50 but the launch was weak - no airtime! The drops were good though.

Must say I was impressed at the Booster type ride they had (it just had one carriage with 4 one side and 4 the other at one end of the propellor) - they had the same one at Manchester Pride about 2 years ago but can't remember what it was called - anyone any clues? Mega intense though.

The rest of the fair was pretty damn good too! God bless the German Fairs (and Beer!)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
ashtonrick said:
Must say I was impressed at the Booster type ride they had (it just had one carriage with 4 one side and 4 the other at one end of the propellor) - they had the same one at Manchester Pride about 2 years ago but can't remember what it was called - anyone any clues? Mega intense though.

That's because it is not a booster. It's the "evil cousin" of the booster, called Capriolo and built by Mondial Rides. Apparently, the cycles on this can be one of the most intense experiences on any ride because of the flips you can achieve with this torture device.

Hopefully one day I'll get to ride one.
BTW, did you do the Airwolf, that one is another good ride!