What's new

Candymonium vs Mako

Candymonium or Mako?

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry in advance, but I’ve been in a bit of a poll-happy mood lately, so I fancied doing another poll today! And for today’s one-on-one comparison, I decided to ask for your opinion on two B&M hyper coasters that seemed to get compared quite a lot during the later one’s construction; Candymonium and Mako. I’d say they’re relatively comparable coasters as far as B&M hyper coasters go; both are on the lower end of the stats spectrum as far as the ride type goes, both only have 7 car trains and both feature some pretty similar elements to one another (e.g. speed hill, similar turnarounds).

So my question to you today is; if you had to pick, would you pick Candymonium or Mako?

I’m undecided, as I’ve only ridden Mako. I absolutely adore it, and hold it as my number 1 coaster even 4 years after riding, but that doesn’t mean anything in terms of how I’d compare it with Candymonium, a coaster I haven’t been on. But what do you think?

Hutch

Strata Poster
I was originally hoping to do Candymonium this year, but that didn't happen, so I can't officially say which one I prefer. However, assuming they ride very similarly, I'd imagine Mako is better, judging by the layout.

The first half of both Mako and Candy are almost identical when it comes to elements, except Mako has the huge Stengel dive and the extra corner hill before its speed hill.

Their second halves are a bit different, so that'll really come down to preference (although both do focus more on interaction with the guests). But to me it seems pretty clear that Mako has the stronger first half than Candymonium's. Because of that, I'm not expecting Candymonium to be a Top 10er. But knowing how I love B&M hypers, I imagine I'll end up rating it pretty highly.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump this thread, but in hindsight, I made this poll a bit too early, as Candy had literally just opened.

I’d be intrigued to know; now that more of the US members have had the opportunity to ride Candymonium, what’s the consensus?