What's new

CANCELLED - Unfinnished Business | FINLAND |24th - 26th Jul 2020

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Called them up this morning and after 30 mins on hold got through to an operator, who confirmed I was eligible for a refund though warned that processing time was now up to 8-10 weeks! That’s far longer than any of the many refunds I’ve requested in recent months but at least they are being upfront and setting the expectation of a long wait.

We’ve been waiting on a refund from easy jet since beginning of February and a refund from Ryanair since mid March. Neither have come through and doesn’t feel like they are going to process them anytime soon either.

I guess it depends on the airline, Ryanair and easy jet are hardly the best when it comes to customer service, hopefully you will have some better luck with finnair. :)

Fi

Mega Poster
We’ve been waiting on a refund from easy jet since beginning of February and a refund from Ryanair since mid March. Neither have come through and doesn’t feel like they are going to process them anytime soon either.

I guess it depends on the airline, Ryanair and easy jet are hardly the best when it comes to customer service, hopefully you will have some better luck with finnair. :)

Did you try calling the airlines and doing a bit of internet research to find a
alternative contact numbers? I had Easyjet flights booked over Easter which I think got cancelled at the end of March, gave them a call on an unadvertised number which was widely reported online, got through after about 30 mins and a refund by the end of the week. Ryanair I would expect nothing less... could pursue it through your card provider if they’re not being cooperative with the refund.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Noticed that my Finnair flights were automatically changed as well. The later one leaving to Helsinki on the Thursday and the earlier one getting back to London on Monday. That latter change kind of sucks as it means there is probably no point going into Linnanmaki on the Monday (which I had planned) for such a short time.

I'm still considering going albeit my hotel plans obviously will have to change.
I have the days booked off work regardless and it's only 3 work days.

Linnanmaki announced they are re-opening on 12th June.
I'm sure I saw that park open till 11pm before. It is 9pm close around the original Live dates it says now.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Just called and cancelled my flight with finnair. All done and dusted inside 5 minutes.

Refund period is now being quoted as upto 12 weeks.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Did you try calling the airlines and doing a bit of internet research to find a
alternative contact numbers? I had Easyjet flights booked over Easter which I think got cancelled at the end of March, gave them a call on an unadvertised number which was widely reported online, got through after about 30 mins and a refund by the end of the week. Ryanair I would expect nothing less... could pursue it through your card provider if they’re not being cooperative with the refund.
Well I’ve just tried phoning easy jet and they’ve closed down their call centres “due to coronavirus”, so doesn’t look like I’m going to have any luck.

The refund is supposed to be from beginning of February and they claimed they would process it within 5 days and they never did.

I don’t trust easy jet and won’t be flying with them ever again. The amount of times they cancel their flights last minute “due to extraordinary circumstances” is crazy.

Onto trying Ryanair now.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
@Nic and @chainedbanana I’ve yet to get a refund request from you. Please can you check your emails again. If you haven’t got the email, send me a text.

Arttu

Roller Poster
What's the situation with getting refund from you Coasteforce? I haven't got any update or the feedback yet? ?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
What's the situation with getting refund from you Coasteforce? I haven't got any update or the feedback yet? ?

Hi Arttu, there has been an issue processing you refund as your initial payment was made with Paypal buyer protection as opposed to a friends and family payment as requested. It should now be in your account.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Finally cancelled my Finnair flights and hotel I had booked for the Thursday and Sunday. One of the hotels sounded quite good as they had to move me to another one as they are keeping a few closed (chain) and they contacted me with all the information on the phone a few weeks ago and gave me a far more expensive room for the same price I had booked.

I could still have gone to Linnanmaki I guess (was very much considering it) but it seems sort of pointless completely on my own and bit far too travel to the other parks without another driver or buddy on the way. The Power Park drive from Helsinki is close to 5 hours!

The Finnair representative sounded very depressed when I cancelled. Feel sorry for the airline and hotels but it is what it is.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Finally cancelled my Finnair flights and hotel I had booked for the Thursday and Sunday. One of the hotels sounded quite good as they had to move me to another one as they are keeping a few closed (chain) and they contacted me with all the information on the phone a few weeks ago and gave me a far more expensive room for the same price I had booked.

I could still have gone to Linnanmaki I guess (was very much considering it) but it seems sort of pointless completely on my own and bit far too travel to the other parks without another driver or buddy on the way. The Power Park drive from Helsinki is close to 5 hours!

The Finnair representative sounded very depressed when I cancelled. Feel sorry for the airline and hotels but it is what it is.
Probably not a bad call either, given that you wouldn't be allowed in anyway:
Entry to Finland
Finnish borders remain closed to all non-resident foreign nationals entering the country, with some exemptions. From 13 July, border controls have been lifted for travel between Finland and Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Greece, Malta, Germany, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Cyprus, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino and the Vatican. There is currently no requirement to self-isolate when entering Finland from these countries. The restrictions on travel continue to be in force for travel between Finland and the United Kingdom and are reviewed periodically. Visit the Finnish Border Guard website for more information.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team