Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Canada's Wonderland | Wonder Mountain's Guardian | Dark

It's a cred AND a dark ride!

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/what- ... w-for-2014

Wonder Mountain’s Guardian begins with a perilous climb up the side of Wonder Mountain then plummets into its core traveling through five different layers of this dimensional world. Riders will encounter mythical creatures as they navigate 1,000 feet of coaster track through a desolate forest, underground lake and Draconian City. The quest culminates as riders enter the dragon’s lair for the ultimate battle with a heart stopping finale that will shock thrill seekers of all ages.

Hdr_1-2.jpg

Sounds fab!

tomahawk

Strata Poster

It's a cred I could probably actually do right now! Too bad it's in a country that doesn't exist.

lauren

Roller Poster

More pictures from TPR:

image_4503.jpg

image_4509.jpg

image_4508.jpg

image_4507.jpg

image_4506.jpg

And entrance sign from CWmania:

file.php

Also cars are supposedly back to back

lauren

Roller Poster

A picture of the ride vehicle (thanks to one of the fellows over at TPR, who has been at the park taking pictures all day):

thumb_image_4529.jpg

bmac

Giga Poster

Oh man this thing is going to be goooooooood.

Lofty

CF Legend

This ride has such identity issues. It looks really bizarre.

lauren

Roller Poster

I have to admit the cars/trains are really strange - theyre back to back and from what ive seen it looks really strange on a lift hill...

Also the ride won't be open by seasons pass preview night on friday, but hopefully it will be ready in two weeks or so :(

anyway, more pictures of the track, from cwmania:

10176167_700534263326345_5624579766663861628_n.jpg

10155365_700534363326335_7538978638445163047_n.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Coaster Crew posted this short video of one of the trains on the track before the lift hill.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5EE9kPjPKc[/youtube]

Should we move this topic to Roller Coaster Construction? :wink:

bmac

Giga Poster

I thought we should've marked it as a roller coaster the second it was shown there was a lift hill and a 'drop.' Maybe there will be some small and quick coaster elements in the mountain?

lauren

Roller Poster

Nobody really knows what's inside the mountain, just that's there's going to be screens and stuff to shoot at. I'm still waiting for it to open, but from the outside, it looks like a coaster to me.

I know they're still fixing up the mountain, but I don't think testing has started yet. It could be a few weeks until the ride actually opens.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Those trains make me want to vomit. Actual coaster could be pretty fun though from what we can see!

lauren

Roller Poster

testing has reportedly started. hopefully the ride will open before june.

lauren

Roller Poster

Looks like I missed all the testing at the park yesterday, but CWMania got some video of it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2QcmVnYSjs[/youtube]

I'll head back to the park again today when it's not raining to hopefully get some video/pictures

Edit - Embedded the video for easier viewing. ECG

Darren B

Giga Poster

Who's actually behind the coaster section of the ride? I'm not a complete goon so I'm happy that I'm unable to identify the track. If I was to take a stab in the dark I'd guess Intamin as the supports look very similar to those on Collosus at Thorpe. Although it could be a custom job as it doesn't need to do too much?

Either way I can't say that I'm particularly excited to be riding this in a couple of weeks. It looks very meh.

bmac

Giga Poster

Intamin has their track manufactured from the same company that does Zierer's and Gerstlauer's work. Not fair to rule out those two either.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Darren B said:
I can't say that I'm particularly excited to be riding this in a couple of weeks. It looks very meh.
I disagree with you, Shrek. This is one of the rides I'm most looking forward to. The coaster section does look a bit dull (similar to the drop preamble on Th13teen), but I'm intrigued how a dark shooty ride with special effects will combine with a coaster. It's like an adventure coaster where the theme and storyline contines throughout the entire ride.

The way the door shuts after the coaster enters the building got me quite excited.

lauren

Roller Poster

I was at the park Sunday and Monday - saw quite a few test runs so i'm optimistic it will be opening soon. I took some pictures but there's really nothing new to see in them

Well, I could be wrong, but I think Triotech designed the dark ride, Matcom Group installed the track, and the track pieces came from somewhere in Germany. I think I read about another company being involved but don't take my word on it :p

I'm honestly not particularly impressed with the trains/cars though, I'd rather have two rows of forward seating than back to back, and i'm not sure how I feel about going up the lift hill backwards. Also, the two train design is a little ugly :/