What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

Matt N

CF Legend
Guys... remember that Fury 325 was originally teased to have a Roman theme. Things can change with Cedar Fair.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Considering that the park has spent money on repainting a different roller coaster's trains, I'd say the 'theme' is pretty much a lock. It's a little bit more than an intern spending an hour creating a fake logo in Photoshop.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump the thread, but Amusement Insiders has done some digging regarding the finer details of what we know about this ride and has come to some possible conclusions (note the word possible):
A giga dive coaster would certainly be an interesting ride! But I can't help but think that this is sort of like when people thought that an RMC was coming to Kings Island a week or two ago because Fred Grubb was spotted there. Screamscape haven't said anything about a giga dive coaster either. These rumours do seem to have a bit more weight to them, though. What do you guys think?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
What if this ends up being a completely new model of B&M, or a modified version of a dive coaster? After all, Canada's Wonderland are the prototype Cedar Fair park. I'm just saying it might be more than just a standard dive coaster.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Look at these that have been taken at the B&M plant by Eddie Smith:-
34810080_10214580889423282_6686995206329335808_n.jpg

35224856_10214580890263303_1569820489537290240_n.jpg

35265477_10214580892143350_8879919277608534016_n.jpg

35298535_10214580893663388_7171855168181370880_n.jpg

35298535_10214580893663388_7171855168181370880_n.jpg

Now it's these last 2 that interest me greatly:-
35151767_10214580891543335_8033350450126258176_n.jpg

35162198_10214580892983371_813128633022414848_n.jpg

That is definitely dive coaster track. Considering it's the same colour of the track we've already seen at CW, this 100% confirms a dive coaster.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ooh but where's the other track for??
Based on the serial numbers on the track ends, I could probably tell you the type of B&M it is. I know the serial numbers on wing coasters usually start with "WI", the hypers usually start with "MC", and I'm pretty sure the dives start with "DM". The grey track looks to start with "SC", so I would think a B&M sitdown, like DK, Kumba and WF. Here is a video by Midway Mayhem that discusses that:-

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I reckon the Sitting Coaster track is likely for Universal Studios Beijing, as they are believed to be receiving a Hulk clone themed to Transformers. Although Universal Studios Beijing doesn't open until 2020, though. They might be being prepared, however.

Anyway, on an on-topic note, what sort of stats do you guys reckon we should expect from this ride? Even though stats don't matter when it comes to the coaster itself, I reckon the stats and layout will be pretty similar to Valravn with a few minor changes. For reference, Valravn is 223ft tall with a 214ft drop, reaches a top speed of 75mph and has a track length of 3415ft, with 3 inversions during the ride. I reckon that is a good reference point for what we could expect from this ride with regards to stats and stuff. I also reckon that we will probably see the 8-across trains with vest restraints, like Valravn. I do think that the drop might be taller than Valravn's due to the tunnel, though.

However, the guys at the Amusement Insiders YouTube channel seem to think that it will be a giga dive coaster. This is because the track seen has more bolts in it than Valravn's drop track, indicating that it will be a higher stress point in the ride. Also, the length of the tunnel apparently indicates a pullout similar in length to Leviathan's, which would imply a giga coaster. I'm not so sure myself, but a giga dive coaster would be insane if it happened! SheiKra's drop but 100ft taller sounds absolutely terrifying! Also, it would make Canada's Wonderland the second park in the world behind Cedar Point to have two coasters over 300ft tall. That's insane!

What do you guys think of all these rumours?
P.S. Sorry for the long post.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Not sure it does 100% does confirm a Dive.
This track breaks my old bolt hole chart. Proper sized dive track is usually 10 holes across. That piece in the yard is 8 across.

You can see its wider than the Hyper track behind it in one of those shots but I am sure its not as wide as it should be for a full sized Dive coaster. (Draken was certainly 10 across last year as was Valravn the year before while Valkyria and Western Regions Heaven are both 6)

It's possible they've changed it up and i may be missing one that has had 8 before. Im going to go and do a bit of research. Back soon

received_10101297852138572.jpeg

Edit: nevermind the track already at Canadas Wonderland is 10 bolts across.
DMC.JPG
Curiouser and Curiouser.

I cant find a good shot of the transfer track on Valravn but i retract my earlier statement :) It does appear to be proper Dive track. Its hard to tell but this does look like 8 across. So yeah it seems likely its Dive transfer track. But its never 100% till its announced/built :)
CRYgdkoU8AIzAzs.jpg

Thanks for going on this Journey with me :p

Last edited:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I actually think it may be a 10 across like the older ones and not vests. 2 shadows were photoshopped into the poster's going up around the park. The real poster has 8 shadows while the one at CW has 10 shadows. Past that wait and see, but i'd be willing to bet it's taller then valravn

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Not sure it does 100% does confirm a Dive.
This track breaks my old bolt hole chart. Proper sized dive track is usually 10 holes across. That piece in the yard is 8 across.

You can see its wider than the Hyper track behind it in one of those shots but I am sure its not as wide as it should be for a full sized Dive coaster. (Draken was certainly 10 across last year as was Valravn the year before while Valkyria and Western Regions Heaven are both 6)

It's possible they've changed it up and i may be missing one that has had 8 before. Im going to go and do a bit of research. Back soon

View attachment 3144

Edit: nevermind the track already at Canadas Wonderland is 10 bolts across.
View attachment 3146
Curiouser and Curiouser.

I cant find a good shot of the transfer track on Valravn but i retract my earlier statement :) It does appear to be proper Dive track. Its hard to tell but this does look like 8 across. So yeah it seems likely its Dive transfer track. But its never 100% till its announced/built :)
CRYgdkoU8AIzAzs.jpg

Thanks for going on this Journey with me :p
Bear in mind the Dive Machines are the only B&Ms that have 2 sets of drive tyres next to each other, and the unique positioning of the mag brakes.

Matt N

CF Legend
I actually think it may be a 10 across like the older ones and not vests. 2 shadows were photoshopped into the poster's going up around the park. The real poster has 8 shadows while the one at CW has 10 shadows. Past that wait and see, but i'd be willing to bet it's taller then valravn
Would B&M still sell the old OTSRs if they were wanted, though, as the most recent dive coasters all have vests, from what I can tell? Not sure about the Chinese ones, but Valravn and Valkyria definitely both have vests.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Draken has OTSRs. But considering it's Cedar Fair, it will likely have 8x3 seating with vests.
But if it's 8x3 why purposely photoshop 2 more hikers into an image that already had 8 to begin with while teasing the new ride. CW needs as much capacity as possible with their coasters.