What's new

Canada&USA;LaR/SFNE/SFGE/Quassy/Compounce/Coney/Knoebels/Cedar Point/Waldameer/Niagara/CanWonderland

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't think I'll bother doing a proper trip report for my trip, now. :p I've basically got exactly the same route (although independently planned, so... great minds think alike...?), and excluding the NYC area bit. You're better at writing these things, and I don't know people will want to read it all again! Maybe I'll do one as a photo dump and for the LoG points. :p

Enjoyed reading this one Dave - good stuff.

If you don't mind, I'm going to tag on a few questions -
1. How did you get processing the FL+ at CW? I've got a similar plan to you (as in, smash it all in one day), and the ticket I've ordered suggests you just get it at the normal ticket barrier?
2. How did you find the locker situation at CP and CW? Like you, I often like having the big camera in tow, and don't mind using the lockers if I can have a sort-of-plan going in.

I think that's all for now - thanks. :)

davidm

Strata Poster
^ 1. e-ticket had a barcode on it that they scan at the car-park entry and let you into the car park, then another they scan to let you in the park, then there's a little shoppe in the entrance plaza area (on the right) that they scan again and give you the wristband. Make a note of which rides don't have FL though, that did catch me out a bit.
2. I only used one locker at CP to ride SV. That was $2 for 2 hours - all done electronically, pay with a card, get a locker, choose a PIN, use PIN to open locker later. Big enough for a camera bag / back pack. All the other park-pics (apart from that one CP day) were with a compact that fits in my (zipped) pocket.

Incidentally have you seen that the woody and the bobsled are (well were last week) both out of action at Great Escape - not worth going there if they are both down I reckon?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Excellent, thanks.

Would I need a locker (or more of them) if I was carrying a backpack all day? Is it a no-bins in the station job?
Incidentally have you seen that the woody and the bobsled are (well were last week) both out of action at Great Escape - not worth going there if they are both down I reckon?
Aye, I had spotted that. I'm staying near the park the night before anyway, so I'm thinking I might just nip in for whatever's open and then make tracks towards Rochester with Joey. Got a SF pass from La Ronde, so figure I might as well do the best I can. I'll keep fingers and toes crossed. ;)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Likewise ; that 1.5 days at CP were the fabbest part of the fab trip! :)

Same here, the CP days were the fabbest part of our fab trip too. Bit surreal that - being all the way over there with some southerner for a week and then suddenly meeting up with a bunch of people you know or know of. Surreal and awesome! And then to top it all off with SteVe... SteVe!!
Thanks for sharing all the photos Dave. Good effort. :)

When Delly P pulls his finger out of his arse, we may eventually get some more pictures and tales of goonery and misadventure... ;)

Snoo

The Legend
Same here, the CP days were the fabbest part of our fab trip too. Bit surreal that - being all the way over there with some southerner for a week and then suddenly meeting up with a bunch of people you know or know of. Surreal and awesome! And then to top it all off with SteVe... SteVe!!
Thanks for sharing all the photos Dave. Good effort. :)

When Delly P pulls his finger out of his arse, we may eventually get some more pictures and tales of goonery and misadventure... ;)

<3