What's new

Can you be too old for an advent calendar?

Can you be too old for an advent calendar?

• Yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I turned 18 in October so this will be my first Christmas as an adult but can you be too old for an advent calendar? I have two this year like I do most years. My grandma buys me one and my mum buys me one (sweet I know). Do you think its sad for an adult to have them? Do you have one?

Nic

Strata Poster
NEVER too old! I always have a tacky cheap kiddy one, and try to get one that in some way reflects somewhere I've been during the year (Peppa Pig, Disney Princesses etc) I've got a Hello Kitty one this year <3

6 sleeps to go!!! :D

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Lindt hey? How posh ;) I have a thorntons and a cadburys :p

Getting in the festive spirit just been to my first Carol concert of the year :D

GeForce

Roller Poster
M&M calendar this year and you are never too old for a calendar , it wouldn´t be the same without one. I had one as long as I can remember and soething would be missing if I wouldn´t have one :D.

Nic said:
6 sleeps to go!!! :D
Do you have a calendar from 1-25 in the Uk since you´re getting the gifts at the 25th ? :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No, not at all.

An advent calendar isn't something I'd buy myself and nobody bought me one this year. I've been using the Dominoes pizza one that came through the letter box 'cus I'm cheap.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I don't buy mine either actually...I suppose it isn't really something you buy for your self really. Although I did buy myself one last year purely because it was September and I wanted to show off to people ;)

Darren B

Giga Poster
I haven't had one for years, mainly because I'm in that period of my life where I'm too old to enjoy Christmas, I don't have a large family and I have no children. You're never too old for advent calendar though.

This year I've settled for Gavin's Facebook advent calendar (those of you who have Gavin on Facebook will undoubtably agree, it's hilarious) He's such a bitch <3

Day 9 is a personal favourite...

Advent day 9: That anonymous man covering his face with a fake beard and bouncing your child up and down on his knee hasn't been CRB checked.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Jordanovichy said:
LEGO!? Where?! how?! Advent calendar+lego=best thing ever. Thats like both amazing things in one :D
I used to get the Lego Advent Calendar every year. They were awesome! :)

My parents have been opening up their own calendar. They gave me one similar to theirs, except it's nearly impossible to open up each day without bending/breaking/ripping the entire thing. It's pretty much a flat piece of cardboard. I miss the lego ones...

Ben

CF Legend
No, I have two.

I don't even like Christmas and don't have a single decoration up but I love me some chocolate.

tks

Strata Poster
Darren B said:
This year I've settled for Gavin's Facebook advent calendar (those of you who have Gavin on Facebook will undoubtably agree, it's hilarious) He's such a bitch <3

This.

To paraphrase Gavin: If you want chocolate, go out and buy a **** bar of chocolate.