What's new

Can Kings Dominion and BG Williamsburg each be done comfortably in a day?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
This April I'm going to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Kings Dominion for the first time. I'll be spending one day at the former and one day at the latter -- neither on the weekend.

So, can I comfortably hit all the coasters and major rides and not have to stress about time? I know some parks where this is no problem, and some parks, on a bad day, cannot possibly be done in a day (SFMM, CP, Disney, etc.).

Thanks!! (First-time poster -- glad to have finally found this forum.)

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I've actually done both in the same day on two separate occasions but I had already been to both parts independently 10 or more times. I wouldn't really suggest it unless all you're gonna do is coasters... I think both parks have enough to keep you satisfied for a full day.

Edit: missread the initial post. One day for each Park is completely fine.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Yeah, giving each park one day is plenty of time, especially for the time you're going. If you really feel like you won't get it all done, you can get a Fast Lane/Quick Queue. But even then, I doubt you'd need to.

Have fun! :)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Recently, I went to Knott's, a small park, and aside from one break for lunch, we did nothing but go from ride to ride, but the lines were so bad that we didn't get to ride everything, missing four coasters, not to mention other attractions.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^I had a similar day at Knott's once, it was dreadful, one of the most badly operated parks I've been to.
But KD and Busch are different beasts - bigger parks capable of absorbing much bigger crowds, and on weekdays in April you should be able to breeze it.
Get those re-rides in, kiddo! :)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
^I had a similar day at Knott's once, it was dreadful, one of the most badly operated parks I've been to.
But KD and Busch are different beasts - bigger parks capable of absorbing much bigger crowds, and on weekdays in April you should be able to breeze it.
Get those re-rides in, kiddo! :)
Howie, your opinion on BGW and KD is music to my ears! It's a first-time visit, so I really want to hit everything, and then I'd like to do re-rides on my favorites (maybe i305 and Apollo's). What also makes me nervous is that I'm going with casual parkgoers, not enthusiasts, so if I rush them around like a coaster goon I'll come off as a lunatic/jerk. I'm really hoping we can just walk around in a relaxed way and still comfortably get to everything (then maybe they'll take a break while I do re-rides later in the day).

As for the operations at Knott's, just remembering it made me angry enough to post in the "what grinds my gears" thread just now.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
The parks were the least crowded parks I have ever experienced. It was easy to cover everything in a day, especially at KD, where almost all the rides had no lines. I was amazed.

Thanks again to those who answered.