What's new

Camelot Future

Waffleman

Mega Poster
According to their own webite, Camelot has closed down once again.

Camelot said:
We regret to inform you that Camelot Theme Park will not be opening in 2012, as many of you may know the recent financial situation of the country has affected us greatly. Last season started quite well, but towards the end of the year we realised that we simply could not remain open. We want to thank the many people who have visited and supported us over the years and apologise to anybody who was wishing to visit this year. We hope that The Magical Kingdom of Camelot will continue to exist in the memories of everyone who once visited, thank you.

CJH21

Roller Poster
Re: Camelot Closed... Again

Not very convincing! Especially when the website clearly states re-opening 31st march :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Hahaha, this is the best thing Camelot has ever done <3

My estimation has gone up a notch.

Still not going to visit though.

Lofty

CF Legend

It's the same as last year, they did the same. They're literally just keeping it open for the sake of it, hence them not adding anything new etc. BUT, now that I've mentioned not adding anything new, something interesting pope into my Newsfeed;

414554_190504471065099_100003166435683_306940_1370236097_o.jpg

One of my friends is the "Evil" Knight in the Jousting and put that picture up, ALL the comments state "It's for a new ride", these are from people who work in the shows etc at the park.

Believe what you want, (I was wishing it was going to roll into Whirlwind and knock the **** down).

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Lofty said:
It's the same as last year, they did the same. They're literally just keeping it open for the sake of it, hence them not adding anything new etc.
Meerkats are new this year! Meerkats! Y'know, like off the telly, but real.

That'll bring 'em in (especially today, when it's pissing it down here)

414554_190504471065099_100003166435683_306940_1370236097_o.jpg

One of my friends is the "Evil" Knight in the Jousting and put that picture up, ALL the comments state "It's for a new ride", these are from people who work in the shows etc at the park.
There's one of those busy behind my house... building a housing estate cool)

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Lofty said:
There's one of those busy behind my house... building a housing estate

Ha. You back on to Camelot? Fancy that ;)
Ha! Not quite...

(Although this topic has reminded me I have to get a poster printed for display at Camelot - best get a move on before it shuts...)

Lofty

CF Legend

I was joking, I know Chorley is on the other side of the M6, I know the area very well ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Yeah, he's out on the streets there most nights, begging. "Buy a scare attraction g'vner? I'm doin' two furra paand at the mo'"*.

He doesn't have much luck, but more than he did trying to sell sexual favours...

*Accent** has been changed to protect his identity.

**Though to be fair, if you're going to try and sell something in Lancashire, you really want to avoid the scouse accent, but hey ho ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Just different forms of horror really though isn't it. It's just one is palatable ;)

Lofty

CF Legend

furie said:
Just different forms of horror really though isn't it. It's just one is palatable ;)
Ones palatable, the other's penetrable. ;)

Anyway...

Just looked, it seems that they've been removing some buildings from behind the Ghost Train. I doubt they're doing any additions for the park, just minimising the amount of work needed to make out into a Redrow lot. ;)

tks

Strata Poster

Had a heart attack when I thought I couldn't get the Knightmare cred this year..