What's new

Camelot - Closed for good

Robbie

Hyper Poster
furie said:
nadroJ said:
Needs more red.

That's the colour of the blood of the thousand children sacrificed by the Chorley locals to get the park closed down and turned into a housing development. It's like The Wicker Man only with less burning up there... ;)

Oh, hi Robbie ;)
Hello! Most locals were perfectly happy with the park and really, really, don't want a housing estate. That said, I've not heard many people say "I wish Camelot was still open" lately although lots of people moan "there's nothing for the kids to do".

Gullivers in Warrington is suffering a little of the same too, but there's something Gullivers has Camelot didn't - I don't know what it is though.

If you ever go to Gullivers Warrington, Camelot was like that; only with less "atmosphere", a huge swathe of concrete for half the park and if Gullivers hadn't been touched by human hands for five years.
Uh-oh! I think "The Wriggler" (above) is at Warrington Gullivers as many of the Camelot management have moved there...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Robbie said:
Hello! Most locals were perfectly happy with the park and really, really, don't want a housing estate. That said, I've not heard many people say "I wish Camelot was still open" lately although lots of people moan "there's nothing for the kids to do".

Well, nowhere to break into of the evening and vandalise any more* ;)

Robbie said:
s many of the Camelot management have moved there...

That's a potential cause for concern really isn't it? :(

*To be fair, I imagine the local kids would go in of a night an clean the place up after the filthy louts from Widnes had gone home after spending the day terrorising staff and destroying property.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
furie said:
Robbie said:

Well, nowhere to break into of the evening and vandalise any more* ;)
Pffft! We've got town centre pubs that have gone from this:

to this:

...and that was just what the Landlord did!

Robbie said:
s many of the Camelot management have moved there...

That's a potential cause for concern really isn't it? :(

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Knightmare's about the only complete thing left. Even the Dragon Flyer has had some track sold on.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Does Camelot also give you cancer?

That was the worst bit of reporting I've read since the last time I read the Daily Mail. Abysmal.

One death of a worker, a boy killed by a bus outside the park and a lad injured falling from a ride? Notorious for high profile accidents? Really? I only knew about one of those!

Sigh...

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Might have been reported elsewhere, but latest rumour is that Knightmare has been sold to Iran! I think it's too knackered even for Oakwood.

The Dragon Flyer is off to Southport.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
The Storey Group's application to build 420 houses on Camelot's land was unanimously rejected by Chorley Council last night - over 400 objections, just 5 in favour. General feeling is people are annoyed they closed the theme park (although most never went) and Chorley has enough houses anyway.

I'm happy - serves Storey Group right - but it looks like Camelot will just carry on rotting.

peep

CF Legend
Wtf, that might be the weirdest thing I've heard this year. I wonder if they'll now try and sell it on to another company to reopen a park on the site?

Lofty

CF Legend
Let's take bets on how long it takes before one of those **** **** zombie companies creates an event there?

Pierre

Strata Poster
Is there anything left at Camelot for it to re-open with or would they need to buy a load of **** 2nd hand rides?

Robbie

Hyper Poster
They can't really re-open it, and they can't build on it either - so they're stuck. I suspect Storey Group will end up building some houses on there and be made to redevelop Camelot into parkland. They refused to speak to press today, so probably don't know their next move.

There's no way the council are going to let them build 418 houses, as it's the council who'll have to pay for the infrastructure, so whatever happens Storey won't make nearly as much profit as they thought they were going to.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Serves them right for running a theme park with a good amount of potential to the ground and leaving it to rot for so many years.