What's new

California Theme Parks

Mark

Strata Poster
Just to chime in about the work in DCA though, if you are going next year some of the work will have eased up a bit, a lot of the work and major ride closures are due to be completed early on in 2010 for instance. Quite a bit of the hoarding walls should be down by then and you may even get to watch the new World of Color show which is looking to be bloody fantastic! You'll be one of the first too. I think the only majors that you may not get are Cars Land and the new Little Mermaid ride. It is a nice little park and as UC said, it isn't their strongest, but it is still a Disney park and with that comes a certain level of effort that has helped it out immensely. Personally, despite its many flaws, I love the place!

In terms of other parks I would say you have all the important stuff covered but I definately would consider Universal. I believe you can also tie it into one of the site-seeing trips around LA which could be good fun for the whole family. It is a gorgeous park despite the rides being a mass of indoor shows and so on. Plus the backlot tour is awesome...

Wishing you a good holiday (although resenting that aswell... I want to go back!)