What's new

Cali & Coasters PTR- Day 8 Up! (Sea World and San Diego)

I need to go back to Cali to get the rest of the creds and to do the northern part as well </3 I really would like to see San Francisco!

Nicky, I have to embarrassingly admit that I finished about 9/10ths of my pancakes. I'm so fat. :p

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Re: Cali & Coasters PTR- Day 3 up!

LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ Canada might have it, though I'm not really sure, I don't eat there often! The Dorito one was disappointing but at least I got my buffalo chicken sub, which was amazing.

Good that you don't eat there often. I got sick back in July throwing up every 15 minutes with stomach aches and a fever and diarrhea and also acid reflex when I ate from there. Never going there again.

Well Jason, that's just delicious. I still wanna finish the last day and a half of this report but I'll have to do it when I have better internet access!

AquaTrax

Mega Poster
@Jason, I got sick there too, I felt like ****. @LiveForTheLaunch, Great, I would love to see the last part of the trip.

AquaTrax

Mega Poster
Re: Cali & Coasters- Day 1 and 2 up

"Then, I got harassed by Spiderman, who literally GRABBED me into a photo by the arm."

I always knew Spiderman was a pervert, I just knew it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Really late chiming in, I know....

LiveForTheLaunch said:
When I got to the park, my Platinum Pass gave me grief AGAIN because it's Canadian and won't read on their system. I was annoyed because I had to sit around for twenty minutes which reduced my time from like an hour and fourty minutes down to an hour and twenty. Finally I got in and headed to Silver Bullet which was a walkon.
You are not alone.

Knott's runs on their own season pass system, completely separate from the rest of Cedar Fair's Paramount Admissions system. It only leads to heartache and grief.

That means all Platinum Passes from other parks must wait it out for a proper ticket in. The "official" reason is that the system is used across the various Soak City waterparks as well, and would cause too much interruption to switch over. AKA It would cost plenty of money.

I'd be lying to you if I told you during my time at Guest Services at CP we did not get a barrage of calls from Knott's to verify Platinum Pass holders. A very convoluted system that would be nice to change.

^ I don't get why they don't just tell their employees to send guests with Platinum Passes from other parks to the ticket booth though. I had a super short time in the park that was half eaten up in line for Xcelerator and it was made even shorter by the fact I had to sit at the gate for twenty minutes with stupid employees that didn't know what to do. I wouldn't have minded waiting in line for a ticket because there was no line, it was just the standing around waiting to be told what to do that made me angry.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It works the other way as well. My Platinum Pass at Canada's Wonderland was looked at with completely bemused faces. To get the free parking, the parking whore had to call/radio two different people, and then at the gate they had to get a supervisor to let me in as my King's Dominion pass wouldn't scan.

It only took a couple of minutes, but still; stupid moose f**kers.

^ I can somewhat understand when a park is in California and my pass in from Canada's Wonderland, but if it says Platinum Pass on it I don't get why it has to be a huge fiasco. Even when I go to Cedar Point which is like five or so hours from Wonderland (and everyone at one park would surely know about the other park for the most part) I still get a look as though I've just come from Mars.