What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The other topic in news and rumours was a bit broad, thought it was time we had an actual construction topic for this interesting coaster due to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2012.

Rumours suggest the name Verbolten, but it's not confirmed. The ride appears to have an interesting indoors "event" section with some heavy narrative and drop mechanism inspired by Thirteen at Alton Towers.

201171885930_26.png

2011718102344_35.png

2011718834_1.png

201171884552_5.png

More plans here: http://bgwfans.com/?p=1140

I think this ride looks really interesting, however... the theme isn't... very... BGW. Cars and forest themed? It just seems like a desperate attempt to make cars fit, like Rita with effort. Such a never ending list of concepts they could have pulled out of Germanic legends and folklaw, but no.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: "Unknown" Multi-Launch Zierer thing for BGWilliamsburg

Suprised nobody made a topic for this before seeing as the plans have been out for a while now...

Which part of the event building will the supposed freefall track be? The bit in the bottom right with the tree things?

Ben

CF Legend

Still think this is going to be crap, and they've made a MASSIVE mistake not going for Intamin, which will bite them in the arse.

D1993

Hyper Poster

When can we even expect an announcement anyways?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Was there yesterday. The construction zone for this is HUGE.

There's an enormous hole excavated for the show building and foundations and footers have been poured in there.

I didn't see any remnants of the old Wolf's theming at all, outside of the station building which has been completely GUTTED.

Also, no sign of any prep work for the rumored bridge over the Rhine River yet.

Waffleman

Mega Poster

Ben said:
Still think this is going to be crap, and they've made a MASSIVE mistake not going for Intamin, which will bite them in the arse.

Who is the manufacturer?

A

Anonymous

^ If you had read the topic title then you would know that it is a Zierer coaster.

Josh73

Giga Poster

I find Zierer to be a little strage and seems really weird for a world-class park like Busch. I was thinking Intamin like Chunt, but I don't know. A little dissapointed about the manufactuer, but nontheless, I'm sure it will be a great coaster!Is it going to be geared towards familys like the Mack one in Seaworld or more so thrill seekers like us?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Where do everyone get "Verbolten" from? Last time I checked, "Verboten" meant "Forbidden", which would make loads of sense. Why are everyone adding an L?

Ben

CF Legend

^To tie it into a "car" theme I guess? Bolt brings up images of like, fast, electric, machine... Stuff that cars are...

I like Verbolten, I think it's a fab name <3

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

^ It's a large-scale multi-launch coaster with a bunch of turns at a Busch Gardens.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Dont forget the "first of its kind" thing. If it IS a drop like on 13, then I hope it is higher than wjatever height fall 13 is at. Im expecting something extremely cheesy though.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Lofty

CF Legend

Ha. This coaster looks great... APART FROM IT BEING A ZIERER. Why did they pick them? Cheapness?

Gazza

Giga Poster

Why does the manufacturer really matter...So long as its comfortable to ride and does what it's supposed to then I think the badge is irrelevant.
Do people hate on Everest because its a Vekoma?

Ben

CF Legend

^No, but, Vekoma are the answer if you want a Mine Train...

Who are the answer if you want a multi-launched coaster...?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Premier, Intamin and Zierer cause no other manufacturers have really delved into it cause one launch is all that was needed until Speed: The Ride, Maverick and later on Wicked?

Switching between the hideouts'...

Gazza

Giga Poster

Yes Ben, but as long as the ride is meeting the performance characteristics then it still doesn't ACTUALLY matter.
Ok, another example then.....Are people dissapointed by Blue Fire because it's not Intamin?

I mean yeah, every manufacturer has their things, but at the same time they are all staffed by specialized engineers, so it's a bit of a stretch to say anynbody other than Intamin are too dumb or whatever to be able to make A drop track or put multiple launches on a ride.