What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Tigris | Premier SkyRocket II

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I quite like the colours - will certainly stand out against those blue Florida skies!

Snoo

The Legend
Well neither are surprises as that's what's been teased for quite some time, with actual backing behind both rides. Glad about Gwazi.. obviously. Tigris? I mean.. its there?

I quite like the colours - will certainly stand out against those blue Florida skies!

Yeah until it fades in 3 weeks.. lol

davidm

Strata Poster
RMC-Gwazi is pretty sweet though.
(saw someone on twitter trying to make RMgwaC a thing; didn't really work for me :) )

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Add me to the camp that likes the colors. I know I've said this many times before, but I'd much rather see these than a boomerang or SLC. They're fun, and this will surely be no different.

It's good to see that they have three cars per train so capacity won't be miserable. Did they touch on whether they would be doing the sliding station or just running with one train?

Gwazi will be quite an intriguing project. There's a lot of potential considering that RMC aren't locked to just one footprint. Hopefully the ride turns out like Storm Chaser on steroids.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
RMC-Gwazi is pretty sweet though.
(saw someone on twitter trying to make RMgwaC a thing; didn't really work for me :) )
It was @Jarrett right?
Meh, eh, +1
Yep, the Skyrockets are alright, absolutely not something I would drive hours just to ride, the RMC though;

giphy.gif

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Add me to the camp that likes the colors. I know I've said this many times before, but I'd much rather see these than a boomerang or SLC. They're fun, and this will surely be no different.

It's good to see that they have three cars per train so capacity won't be miserable. Did they touch on whether they would be doing the sliding station or just running with one train?

Gwazi will be quite an intriguing project. There's a lot of potential considering that RMC aren't locked to just one footprint. Hopefully the ride turns out like Storm Chaser on steroids.
The plans have the exact same station layout as Electric Eel, so it will likely be a clone of that and Tempesto.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
In case you didn't see the feed live the gwazi bit is from 16:55 onwards,

EDIT: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS BEST THEME PARK NEWS THIS YEAR. That area of the park has felt so dead since it's closure and I was fully expecting a demolition. Gwazi was my first woodie(s) and I had a kind of guilty pleasure fondness for it even though it was ridiculously rough. The theme and area worked so well so hopefully they can resurrect that with the rmc and bring life back into that side of the park.

I also like the colours of Tigris as well.

Last edited:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
It was @Jarrett right?

Yep, the Skyrockets are alright, absolutely not something I would drive hours just to ride, the RMC though;

giphy.gif
Don’t you ever accuse me of such a thing again, both Twitter and RMgwaC or whatever are so cringe even I want nothing to do with either. :p

davidm

Strata Poster
From that video, the chap says;
But you know what? We didn't really want to leave you hanging with just that information for today.
We decided we'd give you a little bit of something else, while you are here.
So, we wanted to make this a little bit of a hybrid attraction announcement for today.
So not only are we giving you information about 2019, we wanted to give you a little bit of something about 2020.
So I can't give you all of the details yet, but for Gwazi's existence it's always been a little bit of a rocky ride so we decided
we are going to go ahead and revamp Gwazi into a new attraction. Now I can't give you any more information than that but I can tell you that you are going to be holding onto your seats - its going to be an awesome ride, its going to be thrilling , you are gonna love it...

...in 2020 we've got something coming in the Gwazi area of the park, more information is coming on that in the coming months and we are happy to announce it when we have more information that we can provide. But anyway...

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
The one thing about RMC Gwazi is i have to imagine a tone of that structure is rotted through or at the very least not up to snuff. I can imagine it might be cheaper to demolish the whole thing and start from scratch then too truly RMC the ride like we've seen with countless others. I can't help but wonder if they go for a full steel structured ground up ride on the plot as opposed to the typical conversion's we've seen.