What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Tigris | Premier SkyRocket II

Pear

Strata Poster
Anyone else find it weird that they would make a Tiger themed ride when Tigers aren't even native to Africa?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Anyone else find it weird that they would make a Tiger themed ride when Tigers aren't even native to Africa?
Not really. Gwazi was themed to a half-lion, half-tiger creature, and “Tiger” is the half that’s alliterative with the mandatory “Twisted.”

Lofty

CF Legend
Not to mention they also dropped the 'Africa' branding a few years back, reverting back to 'Busch Gardens Tampa'.

Pear

Strata Poster
Plans for the new area have been submitted

Teel_PavingPlan.jpg

TeelOverlay.jpg

Looking at the station building on the art it matches the station setup of Electric Eel almost exactly. Looks like the park is getting a Sky Rocket II after all.

Station_Compare.jpg

Source

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Urgh these are the worst!

It is not ok to go from B&Ms and Intamins to... that

Considering their earlier purchases, I'm kind of disappointed too. But if it's the only thing they can afford, I'll take it. If it keeps the park afloat for long enough to be able to buy bigger things in the future, it's not a bad investment. Perhaps it wouldn't draw you or me to the park specifically for it, as a stepping stone/filler ride they could certainly do worse.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yaayyy! Semi-Local easy credit. Gonna be one of those one and done kinda rides
I've done two SRII's so far and even if one was to argue the park is building it for the average guest and not the enthusiast... Both times I have gone to Williamsburg since they built tempesto, it's been a walk on even when other rides in the immediate area had lines. At Compounce Phobia never had more than a two cycle wait either.
Also... The park already has a launch coaster, a multi launch coaster, and a coaster where the only inversion is a zero-g or barrel roll.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
The gees on these SRIIs always feel so relaxing to me.
What name do you think the park will go with- "Tigris", "Uproar" or "Twisted Tiger"?

Matt N

CF Legend
I reckon Uproar, as the coaster is very elevated for most of its layout, although I personally prefer Tigris.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Am I disappointed they are getting a SRII? Yes. Am I surprised? No. I think it will be a nice addition to the park, even if it isn't a great fit. It doesn't really add anything to the park that they don't already have, so it's just kind of meh.