Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Busch Gardens Tampa | RMC Gwazi

Discussion in 'News & Rumours' started by MakoMania, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Snoo

Snoo Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Jesus Christ.

Like.. say words man. No one wants to watch their bull:emoji_poop:.

2. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Nice to see something happening with Gwazi; what struck me when I went to the park in August 2016 was just how big of a structure it is to be sitting in plain view, so an RMC hybrid should definitely be an improvement! Or possibly even a GCI refurb with an inversion like AI suggested, but I'd personally say that there's a 99% chance that this will be an RMC of some shape or form. I'm open to surprises, though!

As for AI's other suggestion that RMC Gwazi could break the hybrid records like Steel Vengeance did, I personally disagree. I always like to be optimistic and dream big with this type of project because anything is possible, but I'm not personally sure if they have enough structure to work with to create a 200ft, 70mph monster of a ride like Steel Vengeance without spending too much money for it to be financially viable. To be fair, I could definitely see them claiming the length record by combining the two sides into one massive quasi mobius coaster a la Twisted Colossus, but I'm not sure whether I could see them claiming the tallest and fastest hybrid records. Although this is RMC we're talking about, and I certainly wouldn't put anything past them after the likes of Steel Vengeance!

One thing's for sure, though; there's a very high chance that this will be one of the more highly regarded coasters in Florida and probably the world!

3. MakoMania

MakoMania Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    SeaWorld Orlando
    Yeah, if this is 200ft I will never ride Mako again.

If they really want records then track length & inversions is probably the way to go. I hope it's airtime focused though to be honest, the park needs it.

Matt N likes this.
  4. Cupcake Coaster(YT)

Cupcake Coaster(YT) New Member

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    No way in heck is RMC Gwazi(they said Rocky, not gonna be a refurb or GCI retrack) going to break height or speed records. Keep in mind, this is the same guy who though Yukon Striker would be a Giga, and look how that played out.

RMC Gwazi will be a great RMC, and a big improvement from the Gwazi I rode, but will it be the best? Based on the current layout probably not, but it won't break records. Maybe some dueling records.

5. SilverArrow

SilverArrow Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    BGT
    Coaster Count:
    Why is everyone so obsessed with records. It doesn't need to beat any records to be a great coaster (or two).

CanobieFan, Matt N, davidm and 2 others like this.
  6. Grobble

Grobble New Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Alan Shilke already said in his IAAPA interview that the speed & height records are going to be broken by Zadra at Energylandia.

Coaster Hipster and Matt N like this.
  7. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @Grobble!