What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

KIFan

Roller Poster
I demand to know why my post was deleted from this page and who deleted it!!!! Censorship is never Ok

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I demand to know why my post was deleted from this page and who deleted it!!!! Censorship is never Ok
The mods (no need to get into details about who, we'd all have done it if we were the first to see it) deleted it for basically amounting to trolling. There is a line between censorship and housekeeping, and we're trying to figure out which side of it you want to stay on.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to do a pretty big bump of the thread, but Busch Gardens is apparently reopening on 11th June. What do we think about when Iron Gwazi might open? Will they open it this summer, or do we think they might hold off until 2021?

There didn’t look to be an awful lot left to do pre-closure, and there was a billboard put up shortly after closure saying it was “now open”. So I think they might aim for a Summer 2020 opening, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if they delayed to 2021, either.

Matt N

CF Legend
June 11 feels right. ;)

We know they've done extensive testing, including slapping a few humans in. One would expect Iron Gwazi to open ASAP to make up for lost time.
Have they been able to test while the park’s been closed, then? Was there any work left for RMC to do on site; could them having to come down from Idaho have caused problems?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Busch's reopening plan has indeed been approved, and will be reopening June 11th, with park time reservations opening June 8th: https://patch.com/florida/southtampa/busch-gardens-adventure-island-receive-state-approval-reopen

Have they been able to test while the park’s been closed, then? Was there any work left for RMC to do on site; could them having to come down from Idaho have caused problems?
?‍♂️?‍♀️ The testing was well documented in March, including riders, in the run-up to the shutdown. One would imagine the park is pretty close to opening, as they were only weeks away from soft launch before hand - we'll find out in one week's time. As for RMC coming down from Idaho, it's extremely common practice to have the manufacturer on-hand during the first few days of operation to indeed address any teething problems.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Lol, the notion that America has given any guidance for Covid-19 prevention, rather than let states create a patchwork of guidance.

It's down to the states, and yes interstate travel is allowed across the country. (And a number of states do not require a 2 week quarantine period, Florida included)

Matt N

CF Legend
Lol, the notion that America has given any guidance for Covid-19 prevention, rather than let states create a patchwork of guidance.

It's down to the states, and yes interstate travel is allowed across the country. (And a number of states do not require a 2 week quarantine period, Florida included)
Ah right; thanks for the clarification @Hyde! So RMC could definitely travel down if they need to!

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Park has confirmed on twitter that Gwazi will NOT be opening with the park on June 11th. Just the usual "stay tuned for further details" response. It seems realistically possible to have it open by the end of the month IMHO. Fingers crossed!
I feel it will open this year once the park has enough money to finish it, probably at the end of the month

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
To still affirm yes, the ride is very much complete and tested. We even posted a video of it. ?

Maybe there's a few final theme things to tweak, but again, one would imagine that is very near complete. We shall see what timeline Busch shares for Gwazi.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
The ride isn't open for (probably) one (or two, or all) of the following three reasons:
  1. The ride operators aren't trained yet
  2. The ride isn't state certified yet
  3. They don't want to open a major attraction when they're still in testing phase of all of the new policies
I'd expect this to be open by July.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
They have to redo certification since they didn't finish it back before the rona hit.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

To still affirm yes, the ride is very much complete and tested. We even posted a video of it. ?

Maybe there's a few final theme things to tweak, but again, one would imagine that is very near complete. We shall see what timeline Busch shares for Gwazi.

That test needs more knuffelbears

emoo

Hyper Poster
You wouldn't want a mad rush of people unaware or flouting the reservation system by opening this straight away.

Surprise soft openings could help get in the swing of this new ride and the park as a whole.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
You wouldn't want a mad rush of people unaware or flouting the reservation system by opening this straight away.

Surprise soft openings could help get in the swing of this new ride and the park as a whole.

That's what I'm hoping for. They wouldn't advertise soft openings, so the twitter comment wouldn't mean a whole lot.

I'm going next Sunday. Please let it be open or let it be testing (I went the last day before the shutdown and didn't see Gwazi test once. I was so mad).

Last edited: