What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Cobra’s Curse | Mack spinning coaster

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Re: Busch Gardens Tampa | Cobra’s Curse | Mack spinning coas

Oh right, and before people forget this is even a thing... Here are a couple of photos of Cobra’s Curse.

63hDJA4a8sgh4dm9M80tDiS15jUnjKt93StOq3XmxKoHMHheG_RJvwEwRocpYhN7G5LHYE2k3xbpiAUsu5SAotZHN8LKNJKQQC0tnWptzIT3-fOYHGuLS2f2KJ7-9pytIgTU9ydtxWxrUv9pipeoJmNH1OCGOHcKZgCoFurlyp8EF-uxFxfk8AeMlPbhYlG9AG4YMi0EyCk49t18_kI02mYkFuYg7MLA-OhK0-YDORRwPBluY2Y5eXpS-6ySH5AipMJYe96MUMzt1ncwfaUD_Bk3vv6CBLtm_OieA1j26jWejtObCG0pWvfWlSd6MMSraRvLhUtRjHw0d0Rscll5-aZPpz7KjfVqgtxYfBMphD4Ut7ot63E3ZejluQwLyJlrF9dEdckRu-XVgSpk6CCTTHIA4Slr4O0pE1CUaEx4qBAQ2pfNp5CTbcn7t6StdBEOopiwH6HidyOMa1I-F6vVZKfw6OAJ9B9BLYkp7nK6YMkxsCTTBimwJLmi6GoEJ8AC7IlK15G79D-KvDpVDHunPegNfE5-XVFHTEWYVuJDSJNhRg38cagsWyXdlR5yK3HtnesT=w1024-h768-no

Da8r_cuHgTyU5aeCJEupXz_C2JMj1iSV8i9KsXw-RfPTbi_yiCdJ7KOFn4ceHLSCiYSQf4u_Z0ylp-8xlqQC8NDWLDvgYwTO4YxJnvyImp6BcZyXQFp6qqALwQrq3tr3s3yJ0XP_bhr0qUlZ_lYMcXxx6eBsmoB_o3Vo7e_5eg_g0XWYsxhe6yq8kd1Rx9ZK95ESM5is6sZfPOAunAWTjsAuYEfJIyoNN0-pr5FjWwOLgUyfZegr-GnV5azxlzbeQc2qh4LaP_YJ8pmnPINUCsTv2yNaarbiu272YJyKtiM-oI5vHPAGTLrTgPQ84OJ6G_46lV_VjceQK4jGcU9pu9AJMoZh9UHB9wkXVwkHupK3Jt8_1CdkYgUWqHgZx2K3ognfR1xTrFVE9hsfyPIZzFIoaIeO3IUTLsvE0-lPC9hIQcxrWBs7x_ZWe54ThS4766-52F_Eyvuvnu3urgniyeWrnmyJVY14pFOmeDPczNNxef8HwlmnDgMaH8fsOK69OOgOH9kWOTXw1N00kELMcrlf_T6Vx_m-EvlfRynSzW0DWRGT5Q9iEseCiMrzy6hE0gRu=w1024-h768-no

Xmp4W_39DbRsPhPjt35ShGGS5uNcMPvJ6QBsRzBPXeuPa6mJGsAbHCcmTBCOJjVcYsEsXRpvoyQis686oj9tIaLJ0NS2lQp51ACsSph5UU3ACqYiYm-KBxFhNvP_FpPI5l2R-F4HsZ6yEl1pcrnFVpucfd3er_kxi9sXGK1iveF9cS9jVAt6dp3FDnaM1LN401UK6L8Bk_bC2WbqlBylbmUIjerscuVB1AgtgbsfuVWS9ZFF94bNqaDnJYqf0mb2Jo1tmsdsUgTwJm-CNVK1195r5N4Z2VZtIqS8Y8VYmI0KvrIV1IfUwlDWJhDPXy1McqFwefJHRX7_sWcC9R8zhyrkIGXkapTwKTz0a0-sCFnFhv6pztqw0HIdjaEyFIGm9z5knZwB8mGlWWe_lRX3Q7uR8ENCAadYEaY_tr7zh-Jv4mdHclSgxLnSD-jxGSTjgz5c_m1bUl535FZ1mFYOnMTYRsYqftK3-AuFYZK4zZarifT-B5K7_S0-bVksSDG61f045IZsBwT4CdVfv7NwZIWpdVwZWGMG2KMWSyGqRBhhX_83TM0rdbLHAx_yls2HZHtE=w1024-h768-no

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

This doesn't have an opening date yet does it? Surely it will be close to Mako's? Maybe they're deliberately not announcing it so that Mako gets all of the attention first.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Is that video weirdly sped up in places? look to the right at the start and Montu flys past..

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^I think it was sped up to the point of what the actual lift would be like, as right now in testing, it's about as slow as The Beast's lift hill.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Fair enough. Do you know if the lift is like the Mouse at EP? where the lifts split apart?

nadroJ

CF Legend

SilverArrow said:
This doesn't have an opening date yet does it? Surely it will be close to Mako's? Maybe they're deliberately not announcing it so that Mako gets all of the attention first.

Apparently it's meant to open for Memorial Day.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Snippets of it testing! Although I don't see the point of the lift (apart from the novelty factor), I admire a lot things about this coaster. Can't wait to see more <3
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BuschGardens/status/728257955234095104[/tweet]

Dar

Hyper Poster

I'm confused, is this free spinning or controlled?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Edit: I struggle to read I need to take a break from here.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Dar said:
I'm confused, is this free spinning or controlled?

From those clips it looks controlled to me, although it might just be that the cars spin weirdly due to their shape (i.e. they're not round like most (if not all??) other spinner cars). Anyone else got any opinions?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Free, I think.

I suspect they look funny in those clips as all seats are weighted equally with the water dummies. To get really good spinning you need some imbalance. That's my guess anyway.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

They said at the announcement that the first half will be forward, the next bit will be backwards(up the lift), then finally will be freespin after the lift.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

Main drop through the first brake run is forward, that little helix and the tire lift will be backwards, and after that will be free spinning. Definitely a cool idea with the separate modes

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Thanks for clarifying that. Interesting concept.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfE5QayqTlI[/youtubevid]
Not too much to note from this vid but
1:50 - I now like the idea of going backwards up the lift hill. Although, it'll start spinning immediately afterwards, you initially can't see the drop.
3:17 is interesting as you see it switch from forwards to backwards.
It might be because its only at the testing stage, but the transitions aren't smooth and the pacing is completely ruined. You can also see the car stop before the drop at 1:55.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Pink Panther said:
It might be because its only at the testing stage, but the transitions aren't smooth and the pacing is completely ruined. You can also see the car stop before the drop at 1:55.

I still like the ride system, but I agree it might fall short on Cobra's Curse.
It's a concept that needs a lot of theming and storytelling to make the most out of it.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Any update on when this guy is opening?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

The park isn't being very cooperative at the moment
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BuschGardens/status/729694164724678656[/tweet]

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Pee of Vee

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba_gMJUG2KI[/youtubevid]

This looks so much fun! It's a fantastic addition to BGT.