What's new

Bunny Day at SFGAdv

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
With Opening Day a bit of a disappointment, we headed back to SFGAdv on Easter Sunday with great anticipation. The park was closed to the general public & open for season pass holders. Considering that most pass holders celebrate Bunny Day at church & home, we were expecting everything to be walk-on all day. Even through it was sunny, there was a cool wind out of the north to also keep the crowds away.
We arrived right at 10:30am and headed straight for El Toro only to find it still running with water dummies. So we made a bee line for Kingda Ka & found this sight much to our delight.
IMG_7060.jpg

It's an extremely good sign when Kingda Ka is walk-on even though El Toro is closed. Looks like Easter was going to more than make up for the park's opening day disappointment.
We had a short wait (4 trains) for the front row & as soon as our quick blast off was done we spotted passengers riding the Wild Bull. So it was off to El Toro and another empty queue.
IMG_7062.jpg

After three back seat go rounds on my favorite coaster it was off to the other side of the park for some floaty goodness on Nitro.
IMG_7069.jpg

Nitro was already running two trains which were both walk-on, so we took four back row rides before we noticed that a second train with water dummies was already running on El Toro. So it was back across the park for some more Intamin prefab fun.
IMG_7066.jpg

We took another three back seat rides on the wild bull before taking a break at Nathans for lunch. Two chili dogs, some fries & an ice tea later we were off to ride Superman. We had a 30 minute wait for the front row because they decided to start running a second train just before it was our turn to ride, but it would have been walk-on if we had chosen to sit in any other row.
After our flight over the parking lot we headed next door to GASM, which is almost always walk-on. Today was no exception and within seconds we were in the front seats heading through one inversion after another.
IMG_7077.jpg

GASM was running great and Aidan didn't regret coming along for the ride, as the 36 year-old-looper failed to give him the usual headache. So we made our way back across the park for some more Nitro fun with smiles all around.
There were three trains running by the time we arrived at the B&M floater much to our surprise. With two trains the coaster was walk-on & three trains was overkill TBH, but we weren't complaining. :wink:
We took another three rides in the back row before hitting up Batman for the one and only time today. The kid & I took the front row while four others grabbed the back seats, leaving all the rows in between empty.
We though we'd go back and blast off on Ka again, only to find the ride closed due to wind gusts above 300 feet. So it was back to El Toro to finish up the day.
On our way over we spotted Rolling Thunder stuck at the top of the lift hill & soon the classic woodie was closed for the day (not that we were going to ride it anyway).
IMG_7071.jpg

After another two back seat rides on El Toro, the train we just rode also got stuck on the lift hill as we waited for it to come back into the station.
IMG_7078.jpg

It only took about 10 minutes to get the coaster running again and we got in another two back seat rides before 6pm & they announced that the train we were on was the last train of the day. They also announced that we could stay seated if no on was waiting to get on in our row, but the ride supervisor:Matt & ride manager:Andrea hopped across the track behind the last air gates, forcing us to scramble up two rows before someone else got the only empty seats left on the train. So we managed one last glorious ride and I managed to snap one last photo while we waited to pull into the empty station as Matt & Andrea yelled at me to put my camera away.
IMG_7080.jpg

Needless to say the day went even better than we had hoped it would & we left the park beaming from ear to ear. :--D

Ride count:
El Toro - 11x
Nitro - 7x
Kingda Ka, Superman, Batman & GASM 1x each

Everything at a leisurely pace & all rides either front or back seats. What more could you possibly ask for? Night time rides? Well Coasters After Dark is just around the corner (Friday, May 1st) & once again the park will be open to season pass holders only.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
What a way to make up for opening day! It sounds kind of like Halloweekends this past fall for me and Pat. Just keep these TRs coming, because they're so nice to read.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd love to visit a park like that with no crowds. Lucky strike again, Jerry!

And LOL at the Ka cattle pen. Nobody does cattle pens quite like the Americans, I can imagine how lovely it would have been to see it empty!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Jesus didn't die to give you a quiet day in Satan's playground! I hope you've made peace with the fact that you are going straight to hell now?

Glad you had a nice time. Heretic!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
PMSL!!!

Ahem!

It's amazing really, because Easter weekend are the busiest weekends to go to a park in the UK - particularly Easter day!

It's really odd that holidays are the best days to go to a park there :lol:

Lucky sod :D

nadroJ

CF Legend
furie said:
Easter weekend are the busiest weekends to go to a park in the UK
Speak for yourself! Last year on Easter Sunday a few of us went to Chessie and got something like 12 consecutive goes on Vampire as the place was completely dead! Might have just been lucky though.

Jerry you're so lucky being able to do this park whenever you feel like it. Jealous!

Dave

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
furie said:
Easter weekend are the busiest weekends to go to a park in the UK
Speak for yourself! Last year on Easter Sunday a few of us went to Chessie and got something like 12 consecutive goes on Vampire as the place was completely dead! Might have just been lucky though.

Yeah but it was like heavily snowing :p