Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, never!

• Do it all the time as i have a crowbar, gloves and a balaclava

• Total voters

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Last night my housemate forgot to leave the back door unlocked so I could get in, as we have guests sleeping in the front room. Luckily they left the window slightly open for me and 10WaTT to break into my own house.

So have you ever broke into your own house to get in? if so details =]

Martyn

Giga Poster
Mushroom said:
Luckily they left the window slightly open for me and 10WaTT to break into my own house.

I bet 10WaTT went in through the window and opened the door for you. Can't see you going through a window!

Yes, I've gone in to my parents' house in Ipswich through the downstairs toilet window a couple of times, needed to use the wheelie bin to get in!

Emmett

Giga Poster
Option 3 :lol:

When I was younger I would have gone through the window a few times either when my parents forgot their keys or when nobody else was in. But nowadays you can't really keep windows unlocked so I have top either wait outside or stay in the porch.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Once, a few years ago when I was slimmer!

I locked myself out. Thankfully the little bathroom window was open so I borrowed a neighbours ladder and a coathanger, opened the larger window and climed in. Took about 10 mins.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Yes! At my old house, my mum always had her bedroom window slightly ajar, so I would climb a big gondola thing, jump onto a bit of porch roof that stuck out and them climbed up into her window.

T'was fun :D

jayjay

Giga Poster
I've never done it, but a few years ago, the lock on the front door stopped working so my parents had to break in through the kitchen window

Rush

Giga Poster
Yes, I've had to twice.

Once when I was about seven or eight when our whole family was locked out. So I was helped over the side gate and I went through the cat/dog flap and opened the door for them. (The flap was quite big so our dogs could get out.)

More recently was when me and my dad were locked out whilst my mum and sisters were away. We have a slanted roof up to my sister's window and luckily the little window was open. We borrowed the neighbour's ladder and I climbed up the roof and was able to open the larger window and get in and let my dad in.

Nowadays, I'm too big for the cat flap and my mum makes sure every window is shut before we go out so our neighbours have a spare key which they use to feed the cat when we're away.

Ollie

CF Legend
I've not had to on my own house. But once my grandparent's locked themselves out when they lived next door to us in Wales, so I climbed up the ladder and went in through their bedroom window and opened the door for them.
Another time was when we hired a chalet for a few days. The lock wouldn't work or something so we got the woman who owned the site and they managed to open a narrow window at the top that I climbed through and I opened the big window which everyone climbed through.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Twice.

First time wasn't a house. It was when I was working at Flamingoland and used to work nights a few days a week, so stayed in one of the staff caravans. I'd left my keys inside, forgetting that the guy I shared with had gone home for a couple of days, so had to get in through the bathroom window.

Second time was my flat in Korea. I realised about 2 seconds too late that my keys were still on the coffee table when I locked myself out. Not usually a problem, since the landlady lived right next door, but she wasn't in. I managed to get it open with a credit card though. I felt stupid even trying it, but it worked! I was quite chuffed with myself.

Oh, and once my flat mate found me trying to get in through the letterbox at 4 in the morning. I miss uni.

Lain

Giga Poster
Yep.

I once forgot my keys, and nobody was in, so I climbed through the window of my parents' bedroom. Erm, yeah, that's it.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Yes, I couldn't get in when drunk, and broke the front door window with a lump of wood, unlocked the door, got in and went to bed.

Oh, and when I was younger, my sister went out the front door and someone had left a key in the back door, so my neighbour, a joiner, took the letter box off, and I reached in and took the key out with my lil' old slender hands, :p