BPB | Red Arrows Sky Force | Gerstlauer Sky Fly

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Project 2015

article-2248753-1688535F000005DC-34_634x399.jpg

Best thing to happen in Blackpool since Susanna & Kevin's Paso Doble last year.

Pierre

Strata Poster

Robbie said:
They're cheeky buggers with their pictures though - look at this from the email I got yesterday:

http://theta.ecommzone.com/lz/BPBLTD/00 ... 3/home.htm

The uninformed might think that rollercoaster goes upside down!

In fairness, that is a photo you can capture in a standing position without any rotating of the image afterwards. Don't think there's anything wrong with using it's angles to their advantage.

It's also on the header of a 'thanks for visiting' e-mail so I'm sure the person receiving it will have been... :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Although construction hasn't begun, the ride's confirmed and I'm moving the topic since we'll be getting construction updates and photos soon enough.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
But they already have a Red Arrow ride - The Big One ;)

rob666

Hyper Poster
Ride confirmed opening in the spring,
foundations fully in and "setting" for a month,
will be a paid extra an the Speedypass qbot system,
which, with the low capacity,
will mean throughput hell,
probably three hour queues for a two minute spin and spew.
Will keep the coaster queues down though,
all those punters in that one queue!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
3 hour queues at Blackpool will never happen, the q-bot isn't very popular at pleasure beach and they are limited. This ride will not affect any of the coaster queue times except by maybe increasing them due to a rise in visitors.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
owenrita121 said:
3 hour queues at Blackpool will never happen, the q-bot isn't very popular at pleasure beach and they are limited. This ride will not affect any of the coaster queue times except by maybe increasing them due to a rise in visitors.

Speedy pass has become a real nuisance at Pleasure Beach actually, waiting for Skyforce with speedy pass in play will be a real pain which is why attending PBE's next event makes perfect sense haha. (Shameless plug I know).

We've been doing some construction updates of Skyforce, there's very little to see at the minute but if anyone's interested here is a short clip of some bad presenting and a look at the current stage of construction; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qF12zUZ6CU

rob666

Hyper Poster
3 hour queues at the beach...
Big One on opening, queue went out of the park, I was there,
Valhalla, likewise, left friends in the queue, did all the other rides, went back on the hour every hour,
three times...
Spin Doctor through the first season, I watched the queue with great amusement,even short queues took over an hour due to capacity issues, tons of complaints,
The new Red Arrows ride will have three hour queues, because...
very low capacity, poor throughput, lots of interest, and a popular qbot system,
that is not managed well at all.
And the speedypass system is unlimited, the park will sell as many as they can, and has been (unfortunately) well used so far this season,
lots of grumbles about queues slowing for speedypass holders filling full trains on Revolution and Avalanche.
Other ride queues will be shorter, because the majority of punters on quieter days will be in the SkyForce queue,
just like what happened with Spin Doctor on off peak days.
Another few weeks and we will see.
I think I will be queueing for it only the once in its first season.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
The only thing I have to say about that post is, no.
Read what you have just wrote on tell me your being serious? A three hour queue for a flat ride in Pleasure Beach WILL not happen.
The park USED to have extremely large queues when it was free to enter, not so much nowadays, the fast pass system is popular but nowhere near as popular as you are making out and it is limites because they only have a set amout of q-bots.
I can't see this ride being on the system in the first place imo.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
owenrita121 said:
The only thing I have to say about that post is, no.
Read what you have just wrote on tell me your being serious? A three hour queue for a flat ride in Pleasure Beach WILL not happen.
The park USED to have extremely large queues when it was free to enter, not so much nowadays, the fast pass system is popular but nowhere near as popular as you are making out and it is limites because they only have a set amout of q-bots.
I can't see this ride being on the system in the first place imo.

Wrong, speedy pass will be on Skyforce, just as it's an added extra on Nickelodeon Streak and the Grand National, the speedy pass system is becoming more and more popular at the Pleasure Beach because the queues just don't move like they once did.

I am not sure I agree with Rob's comment about three hour queues but on a day when PMBO is shut because of the wind along with Steeplechase and the Flying Machines, in the middle of August or the Illuminations could see Skyforce get queues above two hours, low capacity, long cycles, speedy pass, it all adds up to a possibly long waiting time.

The queues at BPB are long and slow these days compared to the 90's because the capacity to be quite honest is dire these days.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Scott, how can I be "wrong" when I never stated any facts? I said that I can't see Skyforce being part of the speedypass system not that it wouldn't.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!

Sorry, it's an inside joke from school, and the moment was perfect I had to say it. Please don't kill me.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Surely the best comparison is with Bling? That ride was similar with a similar capacity and on a quiet day could have an hour long queue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That's very true - and if I had any evidence to back up my thoughts it may have had, I would have said it did ;)

I presented - instead - a proposition that implied it may have had in busy times and left it open so that anyone with evidence could come along and prove the implied proposition or disprove it at any time. At the same time, I make like I'm supporting all parties in the argument whilst never committing; giving others the chance to formulate an argument to back up their opinions/thoughts and never at any point making myself look stupid by committing to any opinion or "fact" myself.

I thought that was obvious? ;) :p

Dar

Hyper Poster
furie said:
That's very true - and if I had any evidence to back up my thoughts it may have had, I would have said it did ;)

I presented - instead - a proposition that implied it may have had in busy times and left it open so that anyone with evidence could come along and prove the implied proposition or disprove it at any time. At the same time, I make like I'm supporting all parties in the argument whilst never committing; giving others the chance to formulate an argument to back up their opinions/thoughts and never at any point making myself look stupid by committing to any opinion or "fact" myself.

I thought that was obvious? ;) :p

That is some of the finest management spiel I've ever seen. You've managed to say precisely nothing, but you've made yourself look dead important! :p