What's new

BPB | Red Arrows Sky Force | Gerstlauer Sky Fly

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Project 2015

I personally think the sky roller is only good if you can get yourself spinning. Otherwise, there are a little boring and I actually found the one I rode a little uncomfortable. I would prefer something else, but Blackpool could do with any decent flat ride.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

^Well then most people must be morons because at the most, only two people per cycle were 'rolling' on the one I went on.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team

Darren B said:
^Only morons can't get a Sky Roller 'Rolling'.

Like me at Bakken! :oops: *Hangs head in shame* I hope Blackpool get one just so I can figure it out! The D.I.Y. element on Sky Rollers makes them the better choice for Blackpool in my opinion because it's got the novelty factor. I hate flats - but I would ride a Sky Roller, not an Air Race.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I've only ever been on one Sky Roller and I loved it.

Getting it to spin is all part of the challenge. There's something lovely about having a ride where the rider has some input to the ride experience.

My fingers are now crossed for a Sky Roller. Will be disappointed if it's anything else tbh...unless its a spanking new RMC. Talking of which, I doubt we'll ever see a woodie at PBB be Iron Horsed. Even though Mrs T is an astute business woman, I think even she would think twice of bastardising one of the most significant coasters in the UK.

Dar

Hyper Poster

If not an RMC conversion of Dipper, I'd like to see Chance get a bash at PMBO to see if they can make it an acceptable ride!

Smithy

Strata Poster

10423293_10152761307567365_4278195285135595915_n.jpg

Red Arrows theme it is then.

Lol at the comments on their Facebook too, picture just met with people complaining about either no Monorail, no Noah's ark, no new coasters or PBE defending the park from people who prefer Towers.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

After seeing the Gerstlauer Sky Fly, I am 99% sure that is what the new ride will be because it can be themed to the Red Arrows flying in formation like they do at air shows. I suspect we may get a 9 seat model rather than a 12 seat model so it stays accurate to the Red Arrows theme although this would make it a capacity nightmare! The ride does look cool though.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year

This is the Sky Roller, but lets just marvel at UC's craziness on it =]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG8u36aaW84[/youtube]

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

The park have just confirmed it's a 12seater Gerst sky force flat ride themed to the red arrows.

I think this will be fantastic for the park.

Darren B

Giga Poster

A Red Arrows ride has been given the green light by Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

The 42-acre amusement park has joined forces with the world famous Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, based in Lincolnshire, to launch a unique thrill ride.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach will become the world’s first tourist attraction to have a ride based on the Red Arrows.

Complete in Red Arrows livery, it will also feature its own control tower from which novice pilots will be prepared for take-off.

The 72ft high, 12-seat white-knuckle ride will take riders on a 360-degree tour of the skies and sits in the shadow of the world famous Big One rollercoaster.

Thrill-seekers will step into their very own Red Arrows cockpit, taking control of the plane and spin, glide and take formation in their very own display.

Red Arrows Sky Force will have riders spinning and swirling.

Deputy Managing Director of Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Nick Thompson, said: “We cannot wait to launch our new ride for the 2015 season.

“We are the first amusement park in the UK to work with the Red Arrows on such an exciting project and we know it will be something unique for thrill-seekers to experience.

A dedicated a Red Arrows shop, which will feature exclusive merchandise and souvenirs designed for Blackpool Pleasure Beach will also open next year.

Squadron Leader Ruth Shackleton, Team Manager of the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, said: “The Red Arrows have enjoyed a long association with Blackpool and the Pleasure Beach during the team’s 50-year history.

“The new Sky Force ride is a wonderful, and unique, means to continue this relationship and provides an exciting way for people to learn more about the Red Arrows, the Royal Air Force and the role the Service plays in protecting the UK.

“The team are also thrilled the ride will take pride of place adjacent to the Big One. It is also fantastic that the north west of England will get to enjoy and play host to a permanent Red Arrows experience.”

Source - http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Red-A ... story.html

This is great news for the park. I'm genuinely really excited to ride this, and I don't say that much about rides that aren't creds.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

God knows if the picture in that email is anything to go by but it has the full 12 seats.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

This is very exciting! The concept art looks great and I can't wait to ride one of these.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Blimey, that's atrocious!!
Even if it does have 12 seats, the capacity will still be poo.
Can't wait to ride one of these though. Preferably before lunch.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Wow! I've been wanting to ride one of these for ages! I never imagined they'd go for it though, I hear their capacity is awful for small parks, let alone large parks like Blackpool. Oh well, looks like i'll have to get a queue bot for my next visit!

DelPiero

Strata Poster

DelPiero said:
Gerst Sky Roller please
Close enough, the Sky Roller at Bakken was the highlight of the park, great to have a force gracing our shores.