What's new

Bottom_Feeder_13's design thread.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Let us know what the problem is and we'll try to help. ;)

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I've just started and am only working with newton, I have trouble with using the construction kit and elementary.
snest110327120411005.png
snest110327120405004.png
snest110327120350002.png
snest110327120344001.png

Xpress

Strata Poster
If you're a control freak, then Newton2 is for you. The level of control it has makes hand building look like it's straight out of the stone ages ;)

Track looks okay, but I can tell that some elements have been Newton-ed.

Mr. X

Roller Poster
I'm still trying to learn Newton myself. After my first coaster, the best advice I got was try to use more multi-force zones or almost exclusively multi-force. I used single force and transitions, while nothing too bad, were fairly obvious between zones.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Multi-Zone force sections are what give you 100% control. The biggest issue with Newton2 though is you have to figure out what the appropriate friction setting to use would be, and there is a formula based upon the track length, the input speed and the theoretical output speed, and that is what will give you the best Newton-ed track :)

Mr. X

Roller Poster
Yeah, I found that out the hard way when I tried to make a wooden coaster and it just flew through the layout.

Xpress

Strata Poster
What kind of roll? If in Single/Multi-zone force controls, the banking will be calculated to be as perfect as possible, given the input speeds are correct, and the friction value is appropriate.

If with Straight/Curved Geometry, the banking is not calculated to eliminate laterals.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Single zone force, I still have a little trouble designing with multi-zone, the problem is with the last roll before the turn into the brakes but I fixed it with a slight launch speed adjustment.
I'm thinking of scrapping this project and maybe just using the first element on the new coaster, It'll probably have the same name since I'm to lazy to think of a new one. :?

Xpress

Strata Poster
Like I mentioned before, you need to run the formula to figure out what to set your friction setting at- this needs to be done BEFORE you begin building, because adjusting the friction values will affect your layout!!

I don't remember the formula off the top of my head (I want to say it is : (V out - V in)/Track length, the V-in is your input speed (post lift hill or launch), the V-out is your predicted exit speed and track length is your predicted track length).

RCF

Strata Poster
The one main criticism, is that that drop is really messed up. Like, there's little bumps in the track and it looks downright unpleasant. you're gonna need to fix that before fixing anything else.

Ethan

Strata Poster
A lot of the trackwork looks a bit meh, but i'm sure you can fix it. I don't get why all of the track is raised like 20ft above the ground?