Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SLC

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

pluk

Roller Poster
It doesn't matter how 'good' they make a boomerang, it will still be a boomerang and be crap. I hate the things.
An SLC can be a lot worse than the worst boomerangs, but can also be a lot better then the best boomerang. That ability makes SLC the superior for me.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
CPSFMMCW said:
SLC's on the other hand are just killers...no one gets off alive.

Except everyone.

I'd put them at about even to be honest. Both model types are actually decent rides when you get the ones that aren't totally gross, and there are quite a few of each that aren't too bad.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
As far as I'm concerned, it's pretty close, and it really comes down to the individual ride.

Generally, I tend to have more comfortable rides on boomerangs. It's very rare for one to beat me to a pulp, whereas I've ridden my fair share of SLCs that were utterly vile. On the other hand, a good SLC is a much better ride experience than a boomerang.

Given the choice between a relatively smooth SLC and a boomerang, I'd take the SLC any day. However, if the SLC is starting to get rough, I'll go with the boomerang. It'll hurt less.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
Rode quite a few boomerangs, one SLC (thankfully), and SLC's are way rougher. Boomerangs vary from ride to ride. Sidewinder was fun, but Flashback at New England was bad. Mind Eraser was very bad and the worst coaster I have ever ridden. Painful. Six Flags New England has some painful stuff. I'd take a boomerang any day.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
These choices:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH8wDkqA_50[/youtube]

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Both are solid additions to any park and Boomerangs must be credited with helping a few parks to expand out of the kiddy park rut. However, as a ride experience, boomerangs all offer something similar and fairly tame, whereas there are some great SLCs out there. Jubilee Odyssey wins the comparison on its own for me. Also, SLCs exposed lift hills always fill me with trepidation, something that I rarely encounter these days

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
SLCs just make me contemplate the poor life choices I took that led me to be sitting on their lift hill.