What's new

BonBon Land to build Giant Discovery

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
BonBon Land to copy TusenFryd...

...or TusenFryd snagging BonBon Land's idea?

Anyway, the insane Danish park known as BonBon Land (home of the dog fart coaster) has announced two new rides for 2010:

One of them is a 4D cinema. Wohoo.

The next one is Svend Svingarm ("Svend the Swingy arm"). AKA Zamperla Giant Discovery. Have a look:
http://www.bonbonland.dk/textpage.aspx?pid=485 (yes, it's in Danish)

It will be the same make and model as SpinSpider at TusenFryd (or a similar ride in Dinosaur Park in Changzhou, China), with its 44 metres, 120 degree swing, and 115 km/h speed. Here's an image:
270967-1-1245336383803-n400.jpg

Any thoughts?

nadroJ

CF Legend
SpinSpider always seemed to me like a really intense ride intended for thrill-seekers, whereas BonBonLand seems more of a childrens park? I haven't ridden SpinSpider so I can't really comment on how it actually rides but it certainly looks intimidating, I'm not sure, I think BonBonLand would be better off with a smaller model of maybe something closer in comparison to FlipFlop/Maelstrom.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
SpinSpider always seemed to me like a really intense ride intended for thrill-seekers, whereas BonBonLand seems more of a childrens park? I haven't ridden SpinSpider so I can't really comment on how it actually rides but it certainly looks intimidating, I'm not sure, I think BonBonLand would be better off with a smaller model of maybe something closer in comparison to FlipFlop/Maelstrom.

Bon-Bon Land and children's park?

Arguable with the ride selection, but with the theming? ;)

A good family park has rides for everyone in the family as well... So yeah...

Plus a bigger form of Maelstrom WANTS!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Silly topic title.

Dinosaur Park in Guangzhou

??? It's about 2,000km from Guangzhou.

Anyway, are these things taller than the larger Intamin Gyroswings and Huss Giant Frisbees, or do they just look that way because of the more slender supports and arm?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Chinese cities are that big, right? Changzhou, Guangzhou, what's the difference? :D
I'll change the topic title.

And yeah, they are the tallest around. A few feet taller than both you mentioned. Their capacity is somewhat smaller, though, due to having 40 seats as opposed to 44.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't really have any comments to make about this, apart from the usual "any addition is a good addition *yawn*" type comment, but
Pokemaniac said:
Anyway, the insane Danish park known as BonBon Land (home of the dog fart coaster) has announced two new rides for 2010
Dog fart coaster?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nope, never heard of it. You learn something every day.

Ollie

CF Legend
I've only heard the name when reading through CF or TPR trip reports but it's not that well known.