What's new

Body limits in Port Aventura

mevrouwbrocoli

Roller Poster
Hi everyone,

I have a strange question; i don't know of this is the right sub forum to post it. I hope it :)

Next week i'm visit Spain with some friends. We also plan a trip to Port Aventura. One of my friends is quite thick. This summer we were in Germany and he doesnt fit in the High Fall (Free fall tower). He had a walk of shame. I had a lot of compassion whith him so all my friends decided to exit the ride.

He allready lost some pounds now but he's really scared now. He thinks he doesn't fit in a Vekoma Boomerang and now he reads all the things about Shambala (not fat friendly ed.)

So, my question is ; which attractions in Port Aventura we better should not do?

Thank You; Mevrouw Brocoli

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Both B&Ms (Dragon Kahn and Shambhala) should have "large" seats somewhere in the middle that the staff, if they're good, will direct your friend to. Hopefully he should fit.

Furius Baco is a little more problematic, but that tends to also be if you're particularly tall as well as large. Stampida should be fine, but the kid's coasters may me out too.

Hurricane Condor is likely to be an issue as well if he didn't fit in another freefall tower.

I don't know if Port Aventura have test seats outside the rides to see if he could fit or not though, I'm sure somebody else can help further :)

Bentleya

Mega Poster
Shambhala has a test seat, it's just up the stairs before you hit the cattle pens.

Lost of guests of the bigger nature was being turned away last week on Shambhala. Tho mainly it's your thigh size and a not so much waist on Shambhala.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Bentleya said:
Shambhala has a test seat, it's just up the stairs before you hit the cattle pens.

Lots of guests of the bigger nature was being turned away last week on Shambhala. Tho mainly it's your thigh size and a not so much waist on Shambhala.

Still, I'd make sure you check the test seat out before you join the queue. As a matter of fact, I don't think Shambhala has one of these "big boy seats". You fit or you don't, simple as that.

Dragon Khan, on the other hand, should be a different story. There are "big boy seats" in row 2 (or 3, can't remember) so unless your friend is like huge, he will be let on the ride.

Stampida, I have never seen anybody being turned away since the new (horrible) Kumbak trains that feature hydraulic lapbars.

I don't know abou Hurakan Condor. I bet this comes down to being able to buckle down the seatbelt (and that's a pretty big gap). I have never seen anybody being turned away, but I wouldn't be so sure about this one if your friend wasn't allowed on High Fall (similar restraints/seats)... *shrugs*

Darren B

Giga Poster
Most B&M Hypers have 'big boy' seats so he shouldn't have any problems with Shambhala, It's usually Row 5.

I also remember DK being quite generous with the restraints, so again there shouldn't be any issues, I don't believe it has 'big boy' seats, I'm sure someone can answer that for you though.

Furius Baco will be a no go though, I remember struggling a little a couple of years ago, with me being 6'1 and 16 stone.

The woodie will be fine, I would give the kiddie coasters a miss though as Furie said.

bmac

Giga Poster
I don't remember anything about B&M Hypers having big boy seats. Did that change with Shambhala?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Test seat yes, Big boy seat I just don't remember. Hmm. My sister and dad didn't think they saw Shambha Big boy seat's either (well, Alliteration) Also I did see someone turned away from Stampida. She was too small. They measured her, gave her the ok. she got on then they stopped the train made her get out, re-measured her, and said she was to small. did not go over well...

Chaz7

Roller Poster
^but those restraints on Sham' are so open, was pretty scary for me sitting in it. If my child (who was on the edge of tall enough) was on it I would question it first.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
A few years ago, I had to do the walk of shame on hurakan, and out of the two times I tried baco, I had to do it once. Needed the big seats on khan too.

Nic

Strata Poster
I know I'm guilty of it at times, but can we please stop with all these hideous Shambhala abbreviations. They're utterly vile.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Chaz7 said:
^but those restraints on Sham' are so open, was pretty scary for me sitting in it. If my child (who was on the edge of tall enough) was on it I would question it first.

The person was turned down on stampida...

As for shambhala there were some rather large people on the ride when I was riding it. The best advice is check the test seat first

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Shambhala doesn't have big boy seats so he may have a problem with that ride and Furious Baco, but he should be fine on the rest of the rides.