What's new

Blue Streak paint job

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/news/ot ... k0312mtxml

Workers at Lakeside Interior Contractors will exhaust every drop of 500 gallons of paint before they're done painting the Blue Streak's 2,000 feet of track.

The coaster -- the oldest one at Cedar Point -- is known for its sky-blue skin, although the color's official name is "Blue Bell," said Kim McLennan, project manager at the Perrysburg-based Lakeside Interior.

About once every seven years the Blue Streak gets a fresh coat of paint -- partly to maintain its appearance, but also to weatherproof the wood.

Exciting, eh?

Pierre

Strata Poster
Hahahahaha that article just reminds me of the time Justin absolutely flipped at the technical name of the paint they used for some ride at Cedar Point.

I only clicked in here hoping they would be painting Blue Streak a colour other than Blue.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pierre said:
Hahahahaha that article just reminds me of the time Justin absolutely flipped at the technical name of the paint they used for some ride at Cedar Point.

Molly Orange :lol:

Colossus

Giga Poster
I too clicked this just to see if it was going to painted any other colour then blue, If it`s worth anything, it does look quite good.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The ride looks so much more blue and vibrant, more so than other coasters that I've seen repainted. Maybe it's just because it's one of the few woodies still around that gets painted?