What's new

Blue Streak at Conneaut Lake

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I rode Blue Streak today and my experience on it was beyond anything I’d experienced on any other major coaster, so I had to come on here and ask for others’ impressions.

For me:

The good: some surprisingly steep drops offered airtime.

The bad: At some point during the valleys for the first two drops it felt as if Thor were slamming his hammer upward beneath the car about where my spine was. Bracing for impact helped.

The unbelievable: The delapidated state of the coaster is hard to convey in words. The entire coaster looked and even smelled as if it consisted only of rotten, termite-infested wood. Just sitting in the station, you can see the first tunnel in front of you, and there are several foot-wide gaping holes in the ceiling where the wood has rotted through, giving it the look of an amateur backyard project abandoned forty years ago. The ride itself is shaky, but not shaky in the way that a rough coaster is typically shaky. The train wiggles wildly from side to side, and the tracks wiggle with it. At times it felt as if the entire car were leaving the track and bouncing several times along it. The entire ride seemed so wobbly and ramshackle from start to finish that it felt as if the supports were about to collapse under the weight of the train, or as if the rotten wood were finally going to give and the train would just roll off sideways.

Is this close to others’ experiences of this ride?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Aww, I love the CLP Blue Streak <3
And if you were shocked at the look\state of the ride.... You probably would have been horrified at another Pennsylvania woodie I loved, the Williams Grove Cyclone. (A former top 10 of mine)

Snoo

The Legend
That was nearly the same feeling I had, short of my knee getting destroyed by the restraint because of my long legs. But yes, my exact feelings.

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
It's the only coaster I've been on which has had my other half genuinely scared for her safety. I loved it. Went around eight times in a row with a huge grin on my face each time.
At times it felt as if the entire car were leaving the track and bouncing several times along it.
Yup, the cars definitely lift from the track. That experience in the back row on an otherwise empty train is totally insane.

Snoo

The Legend
It's the only coaster I've been on which has had my other half genuinely scared for her safety. I loved it. Went around eight times in a row with a huge grin on my face each time.

Yup, the cars definitely lift from the track. That experience in the back row on an otherwise empty train is totally insane.

Been on Leap the Dips? :p

Peet

Giga Poster
I remember voting in the Pepsi Refresh thing back in 2010 for this ride to get some funding from Pepsi to allow it to reopen. I was fascinated by how ropey it looks! Is it running the Vettel train or the NAD train these days?