Ispeed vs Blue Fire

• Ispeed

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Blue Fire

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I know these two launch coasters come from different manufacturers an have very different layouts so it is difficult to compare but i would like to know which one you think is better. I have ridden Blue Fire and it was amazing. Smooth, hang time, airtime (mainly in back row), great trains, Lap bars, really good inversions (especially final twist), well themed the list just goes on and on. However, Ispeed looks amazing aswell and i will be riding it soonish but i'd like to know which one is better.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
If you like prefer Intamin's kind of rides, then you will probably prefer iSpeed, if you prefer B&M rides, then Blue Fire is probably more you're thing.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Having been on neither, I can say that I would like to ride iSpeed more than Bluefire. That first stall turn on Bluefire is enough to put me off (what a hideous way to start a coaster).

Oh, and both of these have **** awful names.

marc

CF Legend
Ispeed is my least favourite launch coaster. The launch is weak and ride itself hurt me like hell.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn B said:
That first stall turn on Bluefire is enough to put me off (what a hideous way to start a coaster).

Really? Why?

Having been on several Intamin accelerators, I can safely say that Blue Fire would be my preferred ride. I can't think of a single Accelerator that hits probably my top 30, but Blue Fire is up there, top 20 and just sitting around should it be top 10?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn B said:
furie said:
Martyn B said:
That first stall turn on Bluefire is enough to put me off (what a hideous way to start a coaster).

Really? Why?

To me, it just looks awkward, practically coming to a halt at a 90' angle - see PBMO's helix.

I thought exactly that when watching it go... However...

It's actually like coming over the top of an airtime hill, a little like the launch from Space Mountain 2, only with a lovely pop of floater airtime. It actually works really well and took me completely by surprise. The whole ride looks really slow and dull, but it's constantly giving out really nice forces. It's not strong, but it's pleasant, comfortable and makes you giggle - I can't see anyone ever saying anything about iSpeed making you giggle or just simply enjoying yourself.

I sound like a Blue Fire fanboy now, and I'm not, it's just that it's much much better to ride than it looks when you watch it.

peep

CF Legend
Furie is totally spot on with Blue Fire. It's just a really enjoyable experience.

I actually enjoy iSpeed but it does suffer due to the Intamin restraints, it would be so much better without them trying to separate your head from the rest of your body every time you turn a corner.

andrus

Giga Poster
Hmm, this is a tough one! Blue Fire is above iSpeed in my top list so it should be better, but when I'm thinking of it I really don't know..

Blue Fire
Pros: Ultra comfortable trains, ultra smooth, high capacity, nice theme/landscaping, it's at Europa Park, hangtime in the loop, insane turn after the loop and totally insane inline twist at the end!
Cons: Slow, weak launch, dull hill after the launch and a bit too short imho.

iSpeed
Pros: Comfortable trains, very smooth, beautiful ride, it's in Italy, top hat and the s-bend after it and good speed!
Cons: Weak launch, low capacity, terrible landscaping, some dull sections like the italian loop and awkward banking on the turn after the mcbr.

So all in all I'm probably longing more to get back to Mirabilandia and ride iSpeed! But I have to admit that Blue Fire is "the best ride", ie the ultra comfortable trains are outstanding and the Mack mega coaster concept has so much potential :)

TilenB

Strata Poster
Thats a hard one, they are both in my top5, maybe Blue Fire wins it by a whisker, because it doesn't have OSTRs