What's new

"Blue Fire" Mack Coaster for Europa Park

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Love the look of that POV.

Except that in-line twist near the end. It looks like a badly made NoLimits inversion. I don't get it.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^^ It's because the seats sit so tall off the tracks, it's harder to get the heartline. So thats the only way to do it. If you look at MysteryMine in Dollywood, you'll notice that the final inlines look flat, thats because of the width of the train.

Snoo

The Legend
^We'll see. Some parks like to keep things updated and working.. unlike CP for some reason.

Swat

Mega Poster
Its a shame that smoke doesn't really add anything. Just seems to go come out and go up. Not cover the view a little.

Gazza

Giga Poster
But Superman at MW has fog that the train passes through at 3 points in the ride, and that has been running fine for over 3 years.
I think it is just CP that suck at effects.

Snoo

The Legend
UC said:
^That's probably to avoid the fog-f*cking-up-the-sensors issue that CP had with Maverick.

From the ride ops I met who I asked directly, they said they had problems seeing the train. When it came to E-Stops or Rollbacks (which happened in my case). It came from the BUILD UP of fog (which wasn't smoke fog, but water mist).

Sitting there for about 5-10 minutes, I couldn't see two rows in front of me, let alone be standing 10 feet away trying to see controls, the train, ect ect.

Now that obviously isn't a confirmed thing, but if that is an issue, I could see terminating the mist.

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah. It could be all of that or none of that.. but all I know is that it probably won't be back, and that is a shame, because those rides with it on were my favorite Maverick rides. :p

This ride doesn't look like it will have that problem.. as it has one smoke jet, at the exit. Maverick had jets surrounding the train, in 3 spots in the whole tunnel.

A

Anonymous

Rode it earlier today, and OMG it blew me right away. It's not as intense as many other similar coasters, but the smoothness and the really nice flowing between the elements just makes this coaster stand out among the similar coasters I have ridden. Mack have created a winner, now we just have to hope that more of these will pop up all over the world, since they are easily better then their Intamin counterpart.

The best bit about the ride are the trains, really comfy seats, and the restraints are the best I have experienced on any coaster really. You are so exposed and the lack of OSTR's makes the whole experience sublime. You really get whipped around during the course (especially in the over bank after the loop and the inline-twist), but there is no pain at all, just awesome freedom.

Pictures will be posted when I get back home.

But it's easily rates 10/10, best coaster new in Europe (maybe even the world) 2009.

A

Anonymous

I have posted around 100!!! images of blue fire in my PTR from the Euro trip!!

A

Anonymous

Mushroom said:
A new Mack coaster will be arriving at Europa Park next year (2009). It will be a new concept. Possibly a launch.

europa park is already amazing.. I think this will make it so much more amazing.. I cant wait to ride this..

A

Anonymous

BTW, if anyone is interested...

You all know about the strange support attachments on the stall-turn, MCBR, etc.
They are there to attach sound proofing panels, similar to the ones on Silver Star, if there is need for it that is...