What's new

"Blue Fire" Mack Coaster for Europa Park

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^They would have yes.

Say you owned something like a Robocoaster. If you program a new ride pattern, you have to get it signed over before you let the public ride it. It's exactly the with increasing or even decreasing the speed of a coaster.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Screaming Coasters said:
^They would have yes.

Say you owned something like a Robocoaster. If you program a new ride pattern, you have to get it signed over before you let the public ride it. It's exactly the with increasing or even decreasing the speed of a coaster.

So you're saying that on a cold, windy day at Cedar Point, the crew of Top Thrill Dragster can't raise the speed of the ride from approximately 121 MPH to 125 or 126 MPH without getting it signed over? I've witnessed it quite a few times.

I don't see why they can't raise the speed. If they have tested it below and above the normal operating speed with accelerometers, they would know what is safe for humans or not.

Mike T

Mega Poster
Because rollerdude, Top Thrill Dragster was signed off to run at those speeds. Not every launch is going to be consistent, just like not every train on Millennium Force is going to carry the same weight, causing an acute varience in speed as it makes its way through its course. To me, it sounds like EP Fans were expecting Red Dawn out of this ride, and when they finally saw it test they were ultimately disappointed. So they came up with a rumor that it was only being tested at 3/4 the speed it was engineered for.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
So you're saying that on a cold, windy day at Cedar Point, the crew of Top Thrill Dragster can't raise the speed of the ride from approximately 121 MPH to 125 or 126 MPH without getting it signed over? I've witnessed it quite a few times.

Totally, totally different!
The ride would have been passed at several safe operating speeds which the park are allowed to use. Any more than the quota then yes, they would have to get it approved and signed over at the new speed.

Lets just say, if it's a physical change, it has to be passed again.

Edit - Just read Mike T's comment, he hit in on the nail <3

Mike T

Mega Poster
And you know something else? Regardless of the launch speed, the majority of what I'm pointing out happens after the mid course block... meaning that it doesn't matter how fast you launch the train, after the block the ride is going to be traveling at the set speed which was observed in the video.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Mike T said:
And you know something else? Regardless of the launch speed, the majority of what I'm pointing out happens after the mid course block... meaning that it doesn't matter how fast you launch the train, after the block the ride is going to be traveling at the set speed which was observed in the video.

There's another good point. If anything, they would need to allow the train to coast through the mid course brakes instead of having any brakes on if they were to increase the speed.

TTD isn't manually adjusted from the station. Adjusting the launch speed of the motor is a complex process that takes a lot more time than simply pressing a button. TTD has no "high wind" setting.

Then explain how after multiple rollbacks, TTD's crew ends up getting the train to clear the tophat. I know it's not by magic, and I know there isn't a coincidental gust of wind every time they launch. I'm not making the connection obviously.

Lord_of_the_rides

Roller Poster
The first photos of the inauguration!!

Enjoy-it!! :--D

The first train with Roland Mack in the first rank:
IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

The station:
IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

For more photos click here :--D :
http://lifthill.net/galerie/europa-park/pk-blue-fire-1_de/

I am impatient to test it :--D

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Those trains are pretty slick! I like the first car and the colours!

I see it has only a lap bar. I wonder how it manages to hold you still in those fast-paced inversions, especially in the inline twist?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNMBQssRTzU[/youtube]

Looks awesome, if a bit sluggish around some elements.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Some of that rockery looks great!

It is much closer to the track than I thought. They just need the foliage to grow a bit more now!

As for pacing, I don't think it looked too bad. Possibly a little slow in places but certainly not slow.

I wonder what the ride quality is like.

Ollie

CF Legend
Like I said aaggeeess back. It certainly looks really good. There's no doubt about that. The scenery and interaction with the rocks is fab. Shame that the actual ride lacks any pace and doesn't look overly smooth either.

Yet another average ride for Europa. :roll:

A

Anonymous

It seems like it starts to struggle for pace as it tackles the second element of the horseshoe roll. This makes the finale a bit mediocre, I doubt if there is any airtime going through the vertical loop......

Disappointment....... :roll:

Snoo

The Legend
Not as good as I originally thought it would be, but still looks like a good coaster. The effects are pretty nice too.

I do believe this coaster is a win. <3