What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Potential New Attraction on Trauma Towers Spot

Ethan

Strata Poster
Anyone who says anything bad about Blackpool can get prepared for the salt mines when the revolution comes. I hope you all like Siberia.
You should come to Buckinghamshire, it's great here! We have running water and jobs and stuff xo

As for these markings and a possible new ride, surely they won't be investing in another coaster this soon after Icon being a bit of a miss with the public?

sandgrown

Mega Poster
You should come to Buckinghamshire, it's great here! We have running water and jobs and stuff xo
The Home Counties. The lowest of the low. The North should team up with Scotland and fire all the nuclear weapons at you, finally making the island of Britain a place full of decent people.
I live in Madrid now. Probably got more going for it than Chesham, but thanks for the offer.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
It's funny when Brits try to sound dramatic :D. No offense of course.
What the park really needs is some kind of fountain.
Hey, they have one!
blackpool-pleasure-beach.jpg

( https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Locat...asure_Beach-Blackpool_Lancashire_England.html )

sandgrown

Mega Poster
(PS - I'm joking - and i'll retire from the thread to prevent further derailment)

Love and kisses to all - even Southerners.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I'm put off visiting the Pleasure Beach again, because while they've built a lovely new ride, they also got rid of the only other decent coaster there :/ Valhalla/Red Arrows are both pretty decent, but I'mma need more than that to justify the 4 hour drive, so hopefully these rumours are true. PB needs some decent rides. Technology has come so far since they've last properly invested in the park, and I'm sure Icon sticks out like a sore thumb.

Blackpool as a town is probably one of the worst examples of what has happened to the British Seaside town, stuck in a rut of pound shops and chavvy hen dos. There are so many derelict rotting buildings, and it has completely oversaturated it's tourism market (did you know there are apparently more hotel rooms in Blackpool than there are in the country of Portugal?!). It just isn't a nice place to visit. And that then becomes difficult when your main source of revenue is getting people to visit. This then has the knock on effect of making it difficult to build visitor numbers at the Pleasure Beach.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
500ft Polercoaster named the Bigger One. Can't deny it when it's being constructed as we speak. :p

(Being serious, it is likely just for a halloween show for now. That corner of the park does need redeveloping though and a Mack Big Dipper would fit perfectly)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So these could possibly be for something substantial then?

EDIT:- I've been asking about this on Twitter, and apparently 2 new markings have been spotted nearby, so this could definitely be the site of the parks next ride. #Blackpool2020

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If she thinks us enthusiasts are on to something that she and the park don't want us to know, of course she will deny it.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Having chatted with a number of people on the park this morning, who I have known for years, they have all said they have not heard a single whisper about a new ride coming.
Forget it folks for a year or two.
Icon has not dragged in the punters as expected.
It is going to take longer than expected/hoped to start funding another big ride, because this year's new ride will take a bit longer than expected to be paid off.
Probably.
They were not footer markings.
The frontage of Bowladrome being scaffolded is purely coincidental due to wet, wind and rot.
A bit like this thread.

Lofty

CF Legend
She's also not going to discuss any actual plans with another teenage enthusiast over Twitter, is she? Come on...