What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach + Pasaje Del Terror - 31/3/10

A

Anonymous

Please note that this is my first post here, so be gentle :D.

(The RollerCoaster Nerdiness is lacking in this, take note of this)

Blackpool Pleasure Beach + Pasaje Del Terror - 31/3/10

So, the day started with a chilling 6:30 wake up, with the addition of needing to be at the train station in an hours time I didnt have time to get any breakfast, which was a shame!

Our train left the station at 8:00. I live in Barrow-in-Furness so We needed to take 2 connections. Barrow to Lancaster, Lancaster to Preston and then finally Preston to Blackpool South. To cut a long story short, it was a joyful train ride.

We arrived at the pleasure beach at around 11am. As blackpool is on the sea, we had gale-force winds and rain (Thanks british weather!). This means that for about half of our trip some of the better rides like Ice Blast, Vallhaller and some others werent open, and the Big One didnt even open at all which was a shame.

Day wristbands normally cost £30 but I ordered mine online so I got half price which I was impressed with. We got our wristbands and entered the park. We knew where we were going first: Infusion. Thankfully, this WAS open for the whole day, and because it was raining at the start of the day, there was NO line, so we got on as soon as we got to the station. I took 2 rides of it at first, one mid-car and the second at the front. My reactions?; I thought it was a cute little inverter. The lift hill was fast and stright to the point. I liked the first bendng drop on the front row, not as good mid-car though. The inversions were fast and fun. I do have a few nags though. First off, I found my head banging against the sides of the restraint, which I though felt padded in the station but at 40MPH or so is a diffrent story (This also resulted in a very embarresing on-ride photo). Anoth nag is that the block brakes at the end at TOO fast to brake. I found myself nearly choking because of the speed of the things. I also didnt like the station, It felt cramped and kind of rushed. My raiting? 7.5/10 (8/10 when I took my shoes off :D).

After 2 rides of that, we headed over to the Iron Brew Revolution and had 2 rides of that. Again, we were streight on which was a relief. On my first ride I got front and the 2nd ride I got at the back. Overall, I liked it, but It felt like a babies ride just coming off infusion. Although going backwards is a little bit of a gimmick, It was better that going forwards anyday. After that we went on the dodgems because my friends act like 2 year olds :p, it was fun none-the-less; I didnt care about dodgems though, I was eyeing up Vallhalla (or how ever you spell it).

After that brainwash (nothing against dodgems like :D), we went on Rollercoaster, the good ol' wooden one that everone forgets. I think its quite underrated, and I thought It was fun actually. you read up on these things on RCDB and think they are rubbish, but are more fun when you actually go on them. We exited that and went on Beaver Creek Log Flume. Nothing to say about that mistake (I was wearing jeans :S)...

We decided to have a luch break after that, but I didnt eat so I went on Infusion again. Mid-Car again so I had head trauma after it :S. By this time it was acutally quite sunny. The sun had come out and there was no rain, but, It was still painfully cold. A few more rides had opened, so the Grand National was next on our list. 2 rides, both in the left hand lane now made Rollercoaster look like the Tweenies. I loved the double drop on the first hill, It gave me a bit of airtime which was good. Of course, we won both times. We got a video of it so Ill put it up here some time.

We had anoth break in an arcade until I decided to go and see if vallaha was open. I came flying around the corner a minute later screaming "IT'S OPEN!". We all ran to the line, bought out £1 raincoats WHICH IS A RIP OFF and set off into the epic ride that is vallhala. This ride is EPIC, but wet at the same time. The effects inside were great; Fire, ice, waterfalls; all amazing! defenatly a must ride at blackpool!

We exited it in high spirits and as they headed over to the dodgems again, I nipped on the Revolution again, but this time with no hands :eek: . By this time I was getting a little tired. The last ride I wased to go on was Ice Blast, but they wanted o go on Infusion again, so I went on that 2 more time, this time with a Back row seat, which was better that the front row in my opinion.

My time had finally arrived, the Ice blast. We got into the line and only waited about 10 mins to get on. We teased some kid as he was about to be shot up on it by waving at him and saying "bye!"...He cried...No, he actually did, it was hilerious :eek: . Ice Blast was good, but wasnt AMAZING. worth the wait though.

We decided to cal; ot a day after that, and retire to the Pasaje Del Terror. One word about it.

Trash.

The outside theming and the theming inside had me hyped up for something out of this world, but, it sucked. Im sorry to say that, but it didnt scare me at all. Although I was at the back of the group, I just walked around it wanting to laugh. I guess this is because I like films like SAW and Hostel (man I so want to go on saw the ride!) it just seemed childish to me. A waste of £6 if you ask me. You could almost buy another wristband online for that!

After a day of exitment and fun at the please beach, we went to McDonalds, ran for the train and got home after a 2 and a half hour journey. My friend nearly got into a fight, and that put a downer on things but that was on the train home so we were fine. I got home at around 8:45pm that night.

Conclusion: A great day out, Will do it again after I go it Thorp Park.

Raiting of the Trip: 8.7/10

Ride Count:

Infusion: 5
Iron Brew Revolution: 4
Rollercoaster: 2
Dodgems: 1
Grand National: 2
Vallhala: 1
Ice Blast: 1
Beaver Creek Log Flume: 1
The Derby - 1
Pasaje Del Terror - 1 (And never again :/)

Overall Number of Rides: 19

Thanks for Reading!