What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

sandgrown

Mega Poster
That's a :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing fountain isn't it?!

At least staff will get proxy revenge for you (and for themselves for the pay and hours) on the last day of the season by filling anything water-based up with washing powder. It'll be soapy heaven on Icon. The Log Flume used to look a treat!

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
I like everything else about the trains except the "brown bathroom tiles". Maybe there's something we're not shown yet about how they tie into whatever the theme of Icon is, or maybe I just don't get it. But it seems weird because everything else on the train looks gorgeous! I like the copper/gold bars with black cushions, the front mesh and the logos on it as well!

rob666

Hyper Poster
I believe photo 8 contains the water tub for a fountain...the low level crossover bit after the launch hill.
Bet there will be a few more yet.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I know it's probably not happening but I remember in one of the original concept art images, it showed sections of Icon (near 2nd launch) being over water.

RyanB19

Roller Poster
I'm 99% sure I read somewhere that the pattern on the train is 'Zen pebbles' which would fit in with the theme of a Japanese zen garden if so.

Lofty

CF Legend
I wish. ;)

Although I think if you are smaller and are strapped in more loosely, you could get a lot of airtime.
You get the same amount of airtime as a child as you do if you're a fully grown adult?

Doesn't every Mack mega have this restriction? I'm sure Blue Fire, Helix and Alpina Blitz did?

Temleh

Mega Poster
The train pattern is snakeskin.

ICON is a serpent that been released from the depths of the Earth by a giant sword after a tidal wave hit the land of Blackpool.

Before you say it’s ridiculous, if Alton can have an alien called NEMESIS then Blackpool can have a serpent called ICON.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

ICON is a serpent that been released from the depths of the Earth by a giant sword after a tidal wave hit the land of Blackpool.

Before you say it’s ridiculous, if Alton can have an alien called NEMESIS then Blackpool can have a serpent called ICON.

But that is ridiculous, Nemesis has a theme to back up the story line, with massive amounts of landscaping too. This has a train that looks like old bathroom tiles and next to nothing else.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

So is this the official story? It's alright. Got not problem with it. Interesting to see Blackpool create a story for one of their creds.