What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
All the track by the Steeple Chase is now complete, it was finished this morning. Just a few bits of launch track and the turn by Grand Prix to go in and we'll have ourselves a closed circuit.
Not trying to be greedy, but did you not take any photos?

Those photos I posted from Twitter are one or two days old.

Lofty

CF Legend
^I wouldn't expect them to arrive for at least another couple of weeks.
From an educated minset, or just because you feel so?

In all honesty, for all we know, they could well be there, in containers in an off-view storage area. It's possible.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
From an educated minset, or just because you feel so?

In all honesty, for all we know, they could well be there, in containers in an off-view storage area. It's possible.
If the park posted a photo on Facebook a day before the first supports arrived, I'd think they'd do the same with the first train delivery. Also, the ride isn't 100% complete yet (if it was, the park would post a photo on Facebook). Generally the trains don't arrive until at least a week after the track is completed. HangTime at Knott's hasn't even started testing yet, I assume the trains haven't arrived yet and it's been finished for at least a couple of weeks.

Temleh

Mega Poster
Not trying to be greedy, but did you not take any photos?

Those photos I posted from Twitter are one or two days old.

Day old photos, whatever shall we do?

I haven't been on site myself but I have enough contacts to keep me up-to-date. Of course, there is no way i'd post any pictures that could jeopardise someones job.
As for trains, who knows where they are.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I just found these on Facebook by Pleasure Beach Experience:-
27907933_1973154442702552_2751074800646502586_o.jpg

27788178_1973154379369225_5255289255948369113_o.jpg

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Mmmmmm, that second picture looks delightfully Taron-esque. I'm excited to see what other angles people can get on Saturday.

Lofty

CF Legend
There's been many cases in which trains appear before 'a week after' it's finished construction. This is actually really adhoc as to when they arrive and it's all down to the site manager, space for storage, electricians, project manager, construction schedule, accounting legal testing requirements etc., there's no define time limit for it to happen, and every single coaster in the world is completely different to another - so really not sure where you got the 'usually' from.

Donidia

Roller Poster
perhaps the coaster is just aiming for opening and completion by spring 2018 (Upcoming season.) and then during the closed season of 2018, they'll start to produce more rockwork, shrubbery and theming for the start of the 2019 season.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
perhaps the coaster is just aiming for opening and completion by spring 2018 (Upcoming season.) and then during the closed season of 2018, they'll start to produce more rockwork, shrubbery and theming for the start of the 2019 season.
Doubt it but could happen I suppose. Those pieces of artwork always have an element of fantasy though.

It wouldn't take them long to put in some nice oriental paving and trees if they wanted. I hope they do put cherry blossoms, they'd look great in spring.