A worker attaches struts that will eventually hold themed cladding:
9gqjunk.jpg

About an hour later:
WkPuTFc.jpg

A wider angle:
pSre8Il.jpg

This angled beam on the West side of the site is interesting:
daGcEwD.jpg

Meanwhile, work goes on to rectify footers that were incorrectly placed. Who knows, maybe they've taken the opportunity to tweak the layout slightly? (I doubt that):
OGzmokB.jpg

...Then again, new markings for extra footers are appearing which are outside the known layout. Top-hat converted into a zero-g roll maybe? (Again, I doubt that):
d5yWJzw.jpg

qzrX3mg.jpg

Elsewhere the Big Dipper is receiving a repaint:
z1cU0Nm.jpg

CAo87nK.jpg

...and the Wild Mouse is being checked over, hopefully signifying a chance it'll reopen before the end of the 2017 season:
OepGmGo.jpg

All in all there's a lot going on at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and it is great to finally see some serious Icon construction. Steel from Mack arrives next month, roll on 2018!

collins

Roller Poster
...Then again, new markings for extra footers are appearing which are outside the known layout. Top-hat converted into a zero-g roll maybe? (Again, I doubt that):
d5yWJzw.jpg

qzrX3mg.jpg

I'm pretty certain these aren't an indication of extra footings. On a construction site, the triangular marking around a pin generally indicates a datum (height / position reference for surveying). Therefore I believe the marking is purely for the on site engineers to use when setting out the location of footers and not an actual position of the foundations.

Temleh

Mega Poster
I'm pretty certain these aren't an indication of extra footings. On a construction site, the triangular marking around a pin generally indicates a datum (height / position reference for surveying). Therefore I believe the marking is purely for the on site engineers to use when setting out the location of footers and not an actual position of the foundations.

I'm sure you are right, hence why I doubted it. ;)

Also I amend my update as steel from Mack is already at Pleasure Beach!

m7tAhLV.jpg

hM2tKkP.jpg

Images from Blackpool Pleasure Beach's Facebook.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm sure you are right, hence why I doubted it. ;)

Also I amend my update as steel from Mack is already at Pleasure Beach!

m7tAhLV.jpg

hM2tKkP.jpg

Images from Blackpool Pleasure Beach's Facebook.

Holy **** holy **** holy **** **** ****,
holy **** holy **** holy **** **** ****,
holy **** holy **** holy **** **** ****,
HOLY ****! Holy **** **** ****!
Yay, just what I've always wanted, a weekly update on a project that starts the majority of its construction in two months.
Who was wrong? You was wrong! :):p:D

Last edited:

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'm still incredibly curious as to what the station is going to look like. Hmm. Perhaps a Dojo themed station and a coinciding Japanese gardens (around the 2 launch sections). That's stereotypically Japanese which, in turn, is stereotypical Blackpool tack. It would be brilliant!

Ben

CF Legend
That's literally not even construction either it's a delivery.

Don't be so ****ing rude ATI, know your place.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Don't be so :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing rude ATI, know your place.
Woah, there. Yes, ATI is excited to see this project start to pick up some steam, but there is no need for telling people to 'know their place'. Extremely uncalled for.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing this go up! Definitely looking to be a very solid addition.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Judging by the layout and the POVs that have been created, I am thinking that this is a Mack Multi Launch Coaster that features spinning trains, like what was shown on Blue Fire at EP. I think this because the ride doesn't have many inversions, it is mostly twists and turns. It would make sense, because it would not only be a great fit for the park, it would be the first of its kind. If this is what it turns out to be, then thumbs up from me! :--D
As this was your first post in the topic @ATI , I'd remind you that people can be wrong on a consistent basis and that being obnoxious when they aren't right is pretty weak and shows you up, not them.
You've been better recently but this just shows you still need to grow up a little.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Can we talk about the fact that these supports are a cool, gunmetal grey colour (or gray color, for our 'Murican readers), instead of that awful green and orange scheme as shown in the animation?
This pleases me no end.
Yay for grey!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^Goodness knows what the final colour scheme will be, promo shots show Grey supports, light grey/white track and a kind of Sandsnake colour trains.
I'm glad it's not green/orange, never was going to be in all honesty, but the promo shots don't fill me with excitement, especially the trains.

Lofty

CF Legend
^Goodness knows what the final colour scheme will be, promo shots show Grey supports, light grey/white track and a kind of Sandsnake colour trains.
I'm glad it's not green/orange, never was going to be in all honesty, but the promo shots don't fill me with excitement, especially the trains.
Yeah, exactly this. That [from my understanding] was a joke between Mack and the park due to Amanda's dislike for both those colours.