What's new

Biggest Disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jools

Giga Poster
13 - THE TRIMS! :evil:

Big Thunder Mountain Florida - My whole family were almost asleep, but I guess the theming was good.

Space Mountain Florida - Seriously, that's it? :?

Camelot - I thought it was going to be atleast half decent, but with half the rides closed and the only decent ride open being Whirlwind, what aload of tish.

Rush

Giga Poster
Ooh I can think of lots and lots, I wonder if that's because I go in with too high expectations or the fact that I'm too easily unimpressed. :p

Nemesis, Alton Towers - Probably the biggest disappointment considering all the hype around it and how highly rated it is. Okay it's not total crap, but I just don't find it very enjoyable and it's so meh. It's an excellent concept but I prefer the more standard design.

Thi-three-teen, Alton Towers - Okay, I wasn't expecting it to be great but I really wanted it to be good. Unfortunately, it's just ****.

Ghostrider and the whole of Knott's - Having seen it on a TV show I was really looking forward to it and expected it to be good. It turned out to be incredibly bumpy and uneventful. Knott's as well, I was looking forward to experiencing my first non-Disney/Universal/Busch theme park however it's so tacky, grotty and the atmosphere is putrid. Xcelerator's the park's only saving grace.

Revenge of the Mummy, Universal Studios Hollywood - I rode this a year after I rode Mummy in Florida (which I LOVED) and was expecting it to be up to a similar standard. It was not. Slower, less impressive and just "okay". I'm sure if I'd ridden it first, I wouldn't have thought less of it but I didn't, so yeah that probably clouded my judgement.

Dueling Dragons, Islands of Adventure - It looks cool and the dueling aspects are nice but as rides themselves I think they're a bit pants individually...*

*I hope the use of this ellipsis is not a breach of copyright of Benin's trademark.

Kumali, Flamingoland - Intense? Baby bottom smooth? Interesting layout? No to all three of those. It was rubbish.

Error

Strata Poster
I swear we had a topic like this here...

Anyhow, I'm weird when it comes to rides, as I take it for what it's meant to be and what it does. Prime example is I love Beast, because even though it lacks force/airtime (minus that huge **** you helix), it's an extremely fun coaster. Same for Everest: not the most thrilling coaster in terms of force, but extremely fun.

But since we're not here to discuss our clashing opinions (Though most will agree Brad is a nutter), I'll get down to it.

Six Flags Great America in general wasn't great. Hell, even 2 of my 4 favorite rides there (B:TR, Viper, Whizzer, and Demon) aren't very popular. The 2 big contenders for disappointment would be Raging Bull and Iron Wolf. Raging Bull lacked any airtime, and it could of had great airtime, while Iron Wolf was just rough as hell.

Top Thrill Dragster has always been a let down. The rush of the launch is awesome, but it's short lived and all for not. The more I ride it, the lower it goes.

Son of Beast was an expected let down, but it was worse then I thought. And the shame is that it could be a fun ride with a great concept. But it wasn't done well, at all. Come to think of it, that'd make a cool NL competition...

Status
Not open for further replies.